Sending my stuff from UK to HK?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Asian1:
    Interesting I think the weight limit was like 75lbs (sorry dont use metrics). And one carry on at 40 or 45 lbs plus laptops dont count. I carried 3 pieces on and no one said a word. You figure the average American man (and most women) is at least 25 to 50 lbs heavier than other people across the globe and the cost per pound of using and airline to transport is beneficial for folks flying out from the US.

North American baggage restrictions are far more generous that for the rest of the world. Used to be 2 x 32kg pieces for check-in. As of late last year, this has dropped though- airlines claiming high fuel prices promted this. I *believe* to 2 x 50lbs, but am not sure of this.

Rest of world is 1 x 20kg for check-in.

Another option to look into is buying additional check-in baggage space. Not cheap, but neither is shipping. And you don't have to worry about addressing So it would be worth calling the airline to see how much they charge for addtional baggage.

Great idea!

That's a great idea jgl. Just got my boss to name the date for me to leave London so I can start arranging tickets. Maybe the travel agent can make the enquiry for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    calling the airline to see how much they charge for addtional baggage.
    The fare for accompanied baggage is 1% of the full first class fare per kg. London to HK that would be about GBP25-30/kg, so I really don't think that's going to fly...

Debrax - have you actually gone to the website I recommended? ( http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com ) They can give you a quote online immediately if you can define reasonably accurately what you need - for shipping by sea it is simply defined by volume of standard "tea chests".

seven seas

Still haven't worked out how to use quote field. But PDLM, I have checked out seven seas and have actually decided to use them. Thanks for the info by the way. It's just I thought I might be able to cram in a bit more clothes in my luggage if I can. But if the price is as high as you say, then it's certainly out of the picture.

You could also consider to take the 200, then sell your stuff in the UK and buy new stuff here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2