HK Monthly Budget, Need Advice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

just asked. Mat was correct. Don't know the equation, but employee is always 100%

so it depends on the bank then ? hmmm.. i have asked just now my HR did not get back to me.

One more thing for ORSO, if you have been employed for 3 years with the same employer but in different country, asked to be included so at least you have 30% of employer share.

In my case, I have worked in Indonesia for 5 yrs and Singapore for 5 yrs for same company and when I moved here couple of months ago, it stated in my contract that I have been employed for 10 yrs, therefore I have a full 100% portion of the employer even when I have started in Hongkong recently. No brainer for me 5% from my salary 10% from my employer. Also I have received the website to check the detail balance that can be checked daily (detailed from your contribution and employer contribution).

Last edited by javaman; 15-08-2006 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by javaman:
    One more thing for ORSO, if you have been employed for 3 years with the same employer but in different country, asked to be included so at least you have 30% of employer share.

In my case, I have worked in Indonesia for 5 yrs and Singapore for 5 yrs for same company and when I moved here couple of months ago, it stated in my contract that I have been employed for 10 yrs, therefore I have a full 100% portion of the employer even when I have started in Hongkong recently. No brainer for me 5% from my salary 10% from my employer. Also I have received the website to check the detail balance that can be checked daily (detailed from your contribution and employer contribution).
    That's a sweet deal for you. Where does it cap out?

What do you mean cap out?

Quote Originally Posted by tx75070:
    That's a sweet deal for you. Where does it cap out?

Quote Originally Posted by javaman:

In some comapny after 10 years, the company will contribute 15% and you 0. Great deal in that case.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    hmm.. not sure if its logical.
    in the states if u quit a job u lose your pension. so i'd expect pensions to be structured that way. that's why they give u an option not to pay anything at all. if i can get back all those i paid then i'd definitely have gone for the max contribution and effective i get a 10% pay increment from the company. even if i work just 3 years i'd get 3% extra pay over 3 years.

also, to compute 'getting back 100% of employee contribution and 30% of employer' is not easy, because the sum of money are growing and the contribution is uneven. i.e. u'd have to do an ellaborate equation to compute everything... who's got that equation ?
    Many pension systems around the world can track employee and employer contributions separately under one master account. No big deal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4