Exporting dogs from Hong Kong

Exporting dogs from Hong Kong

I would like to help a friend find a lower quote for shipping two large dogs by plane in the cargo hold when she leaves HK.

I found a couple of agents who handle this type of stuff: Ferndale Kennels and International Pet Travel. Does anyone have additional names?

Thanks

These guys also offer pet relocation: www.wishyouwereherehk.com. Not sure if they will be cheaper than your existing quotes, but their service is very good and I've used them for pet sitting many times.

There are basically four recognized companies in HK: Aeropet, Wish You Were Here, Ferndale Kennels, and Export-a-Pet.
    You can also go with an international moving company, like Asia Tigers. They appoint pet shippers to handle the export and import aspects.

Want to take our dog on holiday in Asia

Help..we are looking to book a holiday in asia this summer but want to take our dog along..are there an countries that are dog frienly for holidays in asia (say thailand, bali etc..) look forward to hearing from you

Quote Originally Posted by peak resident:
    Help..we are looking to book a holiday in asia this summer but want to take our dog along..are there an countries that are dog frienly for holidays in asia (say thailand, bali etc..) look forward to hearing from you
    Absolutely not. High risk of disease (talk to your vet about this), too hot in summer for a pet to travel by plane (also talk to your vet about this) and you CANNOT just import a dog back into HK from anywhere in SE Asia (except Spore); there is a minimum 4 month quarantine period.
    Last edited by hello_there; 28-02-2008 at 02:52 PM.

dog on holiday

any good kennels to leave dogs while on hols