Like Tree3Likes

Moving to HK from India

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    As usual OP - you don't include enough information.

To help people help you - give 'em some idea of your budget for accommodation and education. If you are happy to travel far for work - stuff like that.

Most questions have been answered so many times already you might even get some ideas by reading threads that already exist - or even trying the search function.
    Hi, thanks for your time. Can travel max 30 min (prefer 10-15 min) and budget is max 20k. 1/2 bed apartment will do. for education, i want english medium school.

If you are working in Tai Koo and living nearby then the obvious school would be Delia School of Canada in Tai Koo. Many Indian kids there already. Whether there are places of course is another question.

You could even look at Heng Fa Chuen and Chai Wan / Siu sai wan as they are relatively closer to Taikoo and you could find something within 20K a month.

Quarry Bay is near Taikoo Shing and having a large park in there.
    You can hiking everyday ^^.

Really grateful to all for replies. Is getting admission is school tough? What's the procedure

Quote Originally Posted by nishantkumar07:
    Really grateful to all for replies. Is getting admission is school tough? What's the procedure
    Apply to the schools of your choice, find out what their waiting list is. That bit is simple. Some schools ask for a debenture some don't. Delia School of Canada doesn't.

Just saw a few ads for flats available on rent in Quarry Bay. Like
    Quarry Bay - Taikoo Shing - Heng Tien Mansion, Quarry Bay - Taikoo Shing - Fu Shan Mansion etc. On map, it looks a walking distance from my office which is in cityplaza 2, and the delia school of canada. and looks like flats are available in the area at less than 20k. M I right?

You can always get a flat in Tai Koo and get your child enrolled in Delia School of Canada. Quite a lot of indians go there.

Re indian stores theres one tucked away in North Point which will be very close to you if you decide to live in Taikoo/Quarry Bay. Its just off Shu Kuk Street and on Marble Road. I've attached a street view map for you. Its a shop located behind the stalls you see in the pictures. Its on the right hand side. I'm sorry I can't remember what its called. Theres also a nepali store on the same side and again it offers pretty much the same thing as the indian store does. Otherwise theres one in Wan Chai.

http://maps.google.com.hk/maps?f=q&s...258.81,,0,7.92
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxxycleo:
    You can always get a flat in Tai Koo and get your child enrolled in Delia School of Canada. Quite a lot of indians go there.
    Now why didn't I think of saying that? See post number 12.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Now why didn't I think of saying that? See post number 12.
    Hull, it's a clear-cut case of "great minds think alike"...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast