Like Tree3Likes

Moving to HK from India

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Moving to HK from India

Hi, I , my wife and 5-yr-old kid are moving to HK later this year. My office is in Tai koo. Can you guys suggest:
    1. Where to live. I need some green space for my kid.
    2. School for my kind, need english medium.
    3. Any store in HK for Indian goods, specially food items?
    Thanks in advance

You could try Grand Promenade at Sai Wan Ho, which is quite close to Tai Koo, i just moved in here a week ago. Have seen play areas for kids in the estate, though I dont know about schools. plenty of options in this area depending on your budget. looking for an Indian store too, though i am told most are in kowloon, will let you know if i find anything close by!

nishantkumar07 likes this.

Tung Chung is fast becoming Hong Kongs version of little India, it will just be a matter of time, before citygate transforms more shops and restaurants into more Indian centric business.

I'd say most Indians in Tung Chung are buying their food stuffs in TST on the way home from work, then jumping on the MTR and going home, or having bulkier items delivered.

There are a lot of Indian, Nepalese, Pakistani and Arabic spice/halal butcher/supply stores in Wang Fat Path Yuen Long, which might be a good idea to visit once in awhile. All of these places will do phone orders and deliver to your door providing you meet their minimum $$$$$ free delivery terms.

Why not stay in Taikoo/ Kornhill?

As usual OP - you don't include enough information.

To help people help you - give 'em some idea of your budget for accommodation and education. If you are happy to travel far for work - stuff like that.

Most questions have been answered so many times already you might even get some ideas by reading threads that already exist - or even trying the search function.

OP, you can live in Taikoo or any near by area, you should get a decent apartment and shouldn't be too expensive. For Indian groceries, you can get them in wanchai at kathmandu stores or if there are any in North Point, but I dont' know about that.

what skyhook says above is not really true..

i have recently moved to TC (indian) and dont find it transforming into "litte india" anytime soon..its quite multi cultural and thats exactly what i like about this place..there are umpteen properties spread around HK where you'll see many indians residing.

no place can beat chung king for that title

anyways,again about groceries,there are many indian grocery stores here and some if not all deliver to your doorstep.You get almost everything here,so don't worry about it.Most of the shops are in kowloon side,a couple of them in HK island.

as some1 mentioned above,we will be able to give you a better idea about where you can live if we know what your budegt will be.

sorry no idea about schooling..no expirience there..

Quote Originally Posted by pinkelephant:
    what skyhook says above is not really true..
    I digress...

5 years ago you would have been hard pressed to see an Indian family in Tung Chung.

Now there are over 500 ( young ) Indian families living in Tung Chung, and growing, rapidly.

I stand by what I see, sure other ethnic groups also live in TC, but there has been a dramatic increase of young Indian families moving to TC..

Nothing would please me more, than to have a classy, modern slant on Singapore's little India, but located in Tung Chung.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Why not stay in Taikoo/ Kornhill?
    what's the cost like? budget between 10-max20k

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I digress...

5 years ago you would have been hard pressed to see an Indian family in Tung Chung.

Now there are over 500 ( young ) Indian families living in Tung Chung, and growing, rapidly.

I stand by what I see, sure other ethnic groups also live in TC, but there has been a dramatic increase of young Indian families moving to TC..

Nothing would please me more, than to have a classy, modern slant on Singapore's little India, but located in Tung Chung.
    Tung Chung will be quite far from my office, which is in Tai Koo. Want to live closer to work, have done enough commuting in India. budget: 10-max20k

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast