Like Tree4Likes

Relocating from Bangalore to Hong Kong for 2 years

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I agree to the point on Indian ghetto's. However, I think one of the requirement is availability of vegetarian food supplies (this is probably unique to India). I probably think this would be one of the few nations where veg food is cheaper than non-veg food and the number of people eating veg food is quite high compared to any other nation. Hence, when you have a sizeable Indian community there is a comfort of getting food supplies.

Last edited by laxmi; 10-12-2010 at 01:22 AM.

Have faith persistence can get more rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by pushiv:
    We live in tungchung,caribbean coast.according to me the best place to live in Hk.beautiful flats with either a view of the sea, or the mountains.nearly all flats have balconys.lots of play areas for kids.indoor as well as outdoor.many swimming pools.my hubby works in Wan chai, quite a long commute but considering the facilities we have here,its worth it.this is my opinion,because this is the only place i have lived in Hk.and i really havent seen or heard of the same kind of amenities anywer else.
    Hi,

I am Parvathy (Sweta). I am moving to HK by March 2011 from Bombay. I have a 2 year old son. I saw some posts form your self, Laxmi and Kalyantr.. I would like to know where are you all put up. I would like to explore the same locality as you all. Living with Indian community offers a good support system. Hope to see replies soon.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PARURAJ999:
    Hi,

I am Parvathy (Sweta). I am moving to HK by March 2011 from Bombay. I have a 2 year old son. I saw some posts form your self, Laxmi and Kalyantr.. I would like to know where are you all put up. I would like to explore the same locality as you all. Living with Indian community offers a good support system. Hope to see replies soon.
    hi Sweta
    Welcome to hongkong.You will find this a great place to live with kids.yes, you are very right about living somewhere where you will find a good support system.Dont know about laxmi, but kalyan's family and we live in tungchung.adjacent towers in caribbean coast.lot of Indians here with the same age kids as yours.
    P

Tung Chung

Quote Originally Posted by pushiv:
    hi Sweta
    Welcome to hongkong.You will find this a great place to live with kids.yes, you are very right about living somewhere where you will find a good support system.Dont know about laxmi, but kalyan's family and we live in tungchung.adjacent towers in caribbean coast.lot of Indians here with the same age kids as yours.
    P
    Hi Pushpi,
    I have few questions for you.
    1) What is the average rent in Tung Chung area. We are looking for a 2 BHK with a max budget is 20000 HKD PM. Can we get an accomodation at that budget?
    2) How far is Tung Chung from Central or Quarry Bay? My husband's work place could be in either of those places.
    Is it well connected? Do we have MRT service from your place of residence to Central / Quarry bay.
    3) Do we have English medium schools nearby. My son will start to go to Nursery. Is it near by the place of residence.
    4) Can i have your mail id so that I can connect to you one-on-one.

will send you a private message.
    Average rent for a 2 bedroom is around 12k to 14k.with your budget you will find a 3bhk with a service room!atleast in tungchung.
    Central is about 1hr from here.yes, there is MTR from here.Central is ..well...its central, so easy access from anywhere in Hongkong.Quarry bay to tung chung..i have no idea.but well connected by MTR or buses.
    If you mean kindergartens, yes there are.close by.

Hello Sweta,

I am from Bangalore and have just landed in HK with hubby and 20 month old daughter. Looking at properties in Olympic city and have not yet explored Tung Chung as hubby's work location will be ICC. Quite excited to see this discussion - Have you chosen tungchung to live? How do you like it? have you found a kindergarten for your son there? Are there enough things (play area, activities, playmates of same age etc ) to keep your little one engaged? I'm keen to make friends for both myself and my daughter. Appreciate any suggestions you may have for me. Thx

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4