Help needed to finalise a move to HK!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sorry guys, but I just don't get one thing.
    How can the OP live in HK and work in SZ? How he and his family will get a residence visa for staying in HK?
    I can't see too many chances the OP will be able to settle as per his plan. The only choice I see is to move to SZ.

GM1

Hi everyone and thanks to those who have posted a reply with their comments and help on this so far.

To clarify a couple of things; 1) My company is also registered in HK (although it is only finance now and I will rarely be needed there), so I will be able to get employment contracts from SZ and HK companies to cover the visa issues. 2) We would like a balance of maid and kindergarten as this is what he has now in UK and it has worked very well so far.

Does anyone have any ideas on family healthcare insurance costs? I heard good ones are quite pricey in HK...

So far I have budgeted for apartment, maid, kindergarten, gas, elec, cable TV, internet, food, travel (expenses), flights home, 16% income tax. Any other local taxes or living costs that I should consider?

Does anyone know a good removal company to take care of move from UK-HK and how it works/how much it costs?

I guess I am almost done!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by GM1
    My company is also registered in HK (although it is only finance now and I will rarely be needed there), so I will be able to get employment contracts from SZ and HK companies to cover the visa issues.
    Don't want to sound difficult, but I still see some problems in your plan.
    A registered company in HK doesn't mean you will automatically get a visa. Your comapny should have an established office in HK and hire you as an employee for the HK office.
    Even if you get the HK visa, and I really wish you will get it, then every day you go to SZ you have to get a stamp on your passport on the Chinese side. This will make your passport used up in, let's say, two months. In China, even if you get an employment visa, everytime you pass Customs you get a stamp when in and one when out.

I still think you should consider to settle in SZ instead of HK if you are going to work in SZ.

You are missing the PRC taxes. E&Y told us to make sure that the answers we are using for HK match the PRC and vice-versa because they will check. We were also told that they will pull your border crossing records and will know how much time was spent in each country and that the HK tax officials know you will be conducting business after hours on email, so you can't escape them. And, I believe, taxes are filed monthly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2