If you had a choice: HK or Singapore ?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

i am surprised that hk doctors actually got their degree in cantonese.
    like what u said..

level of communication not in terms of language, but in terms of how a doctor convey a patience's problem to esp the parents...

most time i understand cantonese btw..

and i have not used any of the company's contracted doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    free medical is not available to foreigners btw, so say all you want.
    Not true - medical treatment is available equally to all holders of current HKID cards. It is only visitors who need to pay more than non-residents.

Smile hk

sing is boring... hk is not good to live in... but heaps of fun

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    ....and patience is just not there.
    typo I know, but that too.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    It is only visitors who need to pay more than non-residents.
    Not sure I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by HKFella:
    Not sure I understand.
    Freeier asserted that "free medical is not available to foreigners" in Hong Kong. This is not true. The criterion for whether you pay or do not pay for hospital treatment at public hospitals is whether or not you are a HK resident (i.e. hold a valid HKID card). If you do then the treatment is essentially free (HK$100 per visit); if you don't then you pay from a scale of charges.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    i am surprised that hk doctors actually got their degree in cantonese.
    like what u said..

level of communication not in terms of language, but in terms of how a doctor convey a patience's problem to esp the parents...

most time i understand cantonese btw..

and i have not used any of the company's contracted doctor.
    I don't believe medical students in HK learn in chinese. No doubt about the students would speak in chinese most of the time, but the subjects they learn ust be basis of English. no ?

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Freeier asserted that "free medical is not available to foreigners" in Hong Kong. This is not true. The criterion for whether you pay or do not pay for hospital treatment at public hospitals is whether or not you are a HK resident (i.e. hold a valid HKID card). If you do then the treatment is essentially free (HK$100 per visit); if you don't then you pay from a scale of charges.
    So I can only guess that in the quoted post (#52) "non-residents" was a typo. Then I'm with you.

Ooops - sorry - yes.

KIA - any chance of editing #52 to avoid confusing other people?

We will need a whole new thread to gripe on how HK people can't speak English (some by the way spent YEARS in Canada and still can't speak!!!)

I like HK more because of the vibrant atmosphere. And it's easier for someone who don't know anyone to find friends in HK. I like SG too so it's really a close match. Like some of you, I got the choice if SG or HK. But using my gut feel, I chose HK over SG, which Im more familiar with and where I have some friends. I don't regret it actually, but don't mind moving to SG in the future (only if my friends are still there by that time)

are we talking about normal resident ? or hong kong permanent residents ?

if anyone that holds a non-3-star ID card can use the public hospital at local's fee then obviously I have been misled... and for that i'd apologize.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast