Like Tree2Likes

some advice needed, possible move or long stay in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My dad has 2 village houses in Sha Tin. That's a total of 6 flats, one of which my grandmother lives in. So he's collecting rent from 5 flats. And as Char Siu King says, they (my parents) are living pretty decent whilst doing squat all.

i dont think it matters where you live. money is money. rental income is income. fix them up, rent them out. talk to a few agents. get a el cheapo lawyer for rental contracts. live happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    My dad has 2 village houses in Sha Tin. That's a total of 6 flats, one of which my grandmother lives in. So he's collecting rent from 5 flats. And as Char Siu King says, they (my parents) are living pretty decent whilst doing squat all.
    this is probably what my mum has, i believe my granda and dad and my brother? had right to build, so my parents sold their chinese take away in uk years ago to help build these 3 village houses.

gran lives in one flat, aunt in one, uncle in another, one rented out by dads side and income goes to gran (mum owns this flat too). so 5 left for mum.

thanks for all your replies, it is worrying for me as i can see in 10 yrs time, she will not have anyone close to look after her/flats, and i hope she sees we are trying to help her, just cant risk spending our savings and living in hk, helping her get properties in order, and when our money runs out, we would be jobless, homeless and have to start from scratch..

so i'm still thinking we should sell up asap, we planned to move back to n.ireland in the future anyways (..originally 10yrs from now lol), plan a 6 month trip to hk, sort things out, get some flats rented out, if mum doesnt want to help us out by letting us have the rent from one of the flats, (so we can stay with her, not worry about getting work, take care of her, be company for her) then if we cant find work, we will have tried our best, we will find a new home in n.ireland, new jobs, we wont have lost much,