Lantau Island?

Closed Thread

Lantau Island?

My husband and I are relocating to Hong Kong next summer, and have been debating over where to live. We'd like to stay on Lantau Island, since that is where he will be working. We visited Tung Chung and Discovery Bay, but are wondering if there are other places on the island where one could get a townhouse type apartment for a descent price.

Thanks again!

If you work on Lantau Island and look for Townhouse type apartment with lots of expats, Discovery Bay is the choice. I lived in DB for more than 10 years, I tried Tung Chung for one year and still moved back to DB. The rental price for DB has a wide range with many choices. All you need is time to look for the right one to come up. By the way, there is a ground floor apartment with garden facing disneyland (4 bed rooms, maids room and 3 bathroom) might be available at Q3 next year. Let me know if you want to preview it.

Last edited by Max Jian; 03-12-2006 at 09:45 AM. Reason: missing information

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep the apartment in mind. Although it depends on the price )

I heard Cheung Sha is also popular with expats... Does anyone here live there or have friends that live there? I can finds lots of properties for lease/sale in DB, but nothing in Cheung Sha... weird.

Thanks again

Cheung Sha is not as convenient in terms of transportation and shopping. If we considerTung Chung to the middle of the city in Lantau Island, Discovery Bay is a suburb area while Cheung Sha is rural area. Some international firms have houses there for employee vacation; not for living there. I only went there few times for taking two or three days break of vacation but never consider live there.

A lot of people live in the Cheung Sha area. It is very convenient for the airport and hence prices in Cheung Sha are a lot more expensive than the rest of south lantau.

It is indeed more rural. It is a stones throw from Cheung Sha beach, Hong Kong's longest (and one of the nicest) beach and some fantastic hiking trails.

The air is also much cleaner than Tung Chung and the pace of life is calmer.

Cheung Sha

Hi there, can I ask if you moved to Cheung Sha in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza S:
    Hi there, can I ask if you moved to Cheung Sha in the end?

Who are you asking?

Sorry I was asking Lommels, who originally enquired about Cheung Sha, we are just about to move there and I was just curious about whether they moved there or not and if they liked it.