Chai Wan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just did a hike from Dragonsback down to Island Resort...nice complex with lots of transport option, but you'll have to walk/bus to the MTR as its not close (Island Resort is actually in Siu Sai Wan, right on the waterfront so you're not 'surrounded by green')

I think you would like to stay away Central :P. IMO, Chai Wan is not a good place to live. Chai Wan, similar to Shau Kei Wan where I live in, is quite noisy. After living this kind of places, you might hate it.

A friend of mine lives in Kennedy Town, and he likes there. It is a bit noisy but close to Central. You can take 45 minutes to go Central by walking (If you want to!).

if you havent move yet,for Wan Chai you can try to check if those service apartment around 500's.f have any vac which is fully furnished. or for those un-furnished one are around 600-800's.f. could be old building tho. however i would suggest try those small agency around the caine road, might find sum gud stuff since it's so much closer to central=) let me know if you need help on it

If you talk about Island Resort, it's location is nice as it's at harbour side with parks and mountains closeby. The area around is very quiet as well. with 12k, you can definitely get a 600 sq ft or more apartment.

About traffic, yes, it's not close to MTR, you need to walk about 15 mins or take the mini-bus. However, there are buses get to central /Wan Chai/ Causeway bay from Island resort directly. It would take about 25 mins to central if there is no traffic jam.

Indeed, the most important thing is you should go and look around all those places forst before you can make any decision. It's hard to give you very indepth idea just by message or some picture. To feel personally is important.

We used to live in Island Resort and it's fantastic. It is in Siu Sai Wan, just right after Chai Wan. The security and facilities are excellent, with resort style living - huge pool (indoor & outdoor), gym, club house, all the works. There's a hiking trail just behind it that can lead you to Shek O and Big Wave Bay which is great during summer, and most of the flats have seaview. The supermarket is located within the building (just get off the carpark and walk thru) and a reliable (express) bus service to Central (via Wan Chai & Admiralty) that takes 20-30 minutes. Taxi from Central costs $80. A lot of restaurants there too if you don't feel like cooking, though admittedly it's geared towards the locals. We lived in Tai Hang (got too expensive), Kennedy Town (too noisy) and looked at Heng Fa Chuen (rooms too small, some flats old and dark) so Island Resort definitely won hands down.

Decision

OK. I think I am going for Island Resort. Thanks for all the comments. But I will also check out Grand Promenade, Heng Fa Chuen and Les Saisons? Anything else I should look at in Hong Kong East (meaning East of Northpoint)?

Could anyone recommend an agent for this area or especially for Island Resort? Is it common to get fully furnished apartments?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Moving2HK:
    OK. I think I am going for Island Resort. Thanks for all the comments. But I will also check out Grand Promenade, Heng Fa Chuen and Les Saisons? Anything else I should look at in Hong Kong East (meaning East of Northpoint)?

Could anyone recommend an agent for this area or especially for Island Resort? Is it common to get fully furnished apartments?

Thanks!
    For Heng Fa Chuen I used Centaline who are located there. If you are coming to Heng Fa Chuen then feel free to contact me and I'll even let you have a look at the flat if you want so you can get an idea of what you get for your money.

Thanks!
    There are centaline and midland agents inside the Island Resort Mall.

Cool

I used to live in upper Kornhill. Block A to C are very quiet particularly those units facing the hills of country park. Mini bus terminal is right in front of Block B - 10 minutes to the MRT station. The department store Jusco is right above the MRT station. The supermarket of Jusco beats many Park n Shop stores. Also restaurants, cinemas are within walking distance of Jusco. Highly recommend living in upper Kornhill.

Anything else I should look at in Hong Kong East (meaning East of Northpoint)?
    Upper Kornhill (blocks A-H) is quite green with mountains right next, and it's about 5 minutes away from the Wilson Trail towards Tai Tam. There's two outdoor pools, plenty of tennis courts; it's not brand new but well managed (by MTR Corp).

I can't say that I can recommend them, but Centaline seems to have most contacts with the owners there and is likely to have a better selection of flats than the other agents.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast