Best Value shipping from Oz to HK

Closed Thread

Best Value shipping from Oz to HK

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and I am moving to Hong Kong in February.

I have read a number of threads where various people talk about shopping services they used to relocate.

I am only relocating all my clothes as I plan to buy furniture etc once I am over there.

My question is:

What is the best shipping company for small moves, which also has good security (i.e. they won't lose your goods)?

Thanks again
    A

I used a excess baggage company to bring clothes across - can't remember the name off hand, but if you google "excess baggage" and your city, should come up with some names. You pay by the kg and it can be delivered in 3-4 days (depending on who it is).

My advice on clothes is to bring all of your work clothes & shoes. Casual clothes are cheap and you can get all the brand names, so bring some, but use the opportunity/excuse to update your wardrobe when you get here.

Good luck....

I moved here from Australia in Nov, and we used "Luggage Line" - it was AWESOME - for 11 "standard size" boxes, (about 1.5 cubic metres) it only cost $450 or so (before insurance) - and they arrived within about FIVE weeks!! The boxes were in quite good condition when they got here - one box had a bit of a tear - but nothing serious.

http://www.luggageline.com.au/index....39&pageID=5520

The guy who did our stuff was called Adrian (based in Sydney)

We ended up bringing over a whole bunch of stuff because it was cheaper to bring it than it would have been to sell it and repurchase it on this side...

Oh - and I just wanted to add - that page says that the deal ends on Jan 8th - but don't believe that - they say that every month and keep re-posting the same "special"...

We also made the price "cheaper" by dropping the boxes off at the depot ourselves - it's worth doing if you have the time, or a free trailor!!

And also, this company doesn't need that much time to process it all - some companies say that they need 4 weeks notice - this place was really flexible - I'm sure we could have given them one day's notice and it would have been ok with them!! Maybe because it's a shared container, and they have containers going ALL the time...

Last edited by nicolejoy; 02-01-2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: needed to add extra stuff

I would recommend http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com I haven't used them on that route but I have used them UK-HK and I know people who have used them AUs-HK and we have all been very satisfied. Online quotes available on their website.

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.