Moving to Hong Kong around March/April 2007

Moving to Hong Kong around March/April 2007

Hi,

my wife and I are relocating from Jersey, Channel Islands to Hong Kong in March/April 2007.
    My wife is South African, I'm Norwegian.

Can anyone recommend a shipping company for all our furnitures and clothes? Are flats for rent mostly unfurnitured?

We are both keen sports people. We both play football and my wife also play hockey. Where can we find any sports clubs?

We are not sure where we would like to live, I have heard Kennedy Town is quite nice? Any recommendations would be appriciated.

my msn is [email protected]

Please help!

Many Thanks

And from Guernsey...

Hi there!

I am moving in under a week, from Guernsey/Zim so will let you know what I find out.

This site has loads on information on it but PM me if you have any queries and I'll do what I can to help.

I you are around in May maybe we should arrange a Liberation day drink?!

All the best

Andy

PS - I play hockey too

We normally recommend Links Relocations - they're an advertiser that a number of our members have used.

http://www.linksrelo.com/

As far as clubs are concerned ..
    http://www.hkfc.com.hk/home.asp and the http://www.hkcc.org/main.html

Do you know which area you're gonna work at? for kennedy town it reali depends on your budget and the size you're looking for, you could get something for around $20k at The Belcher's with club house around 852's.f unfurnished, or the new building like The Merton as well with the club house around 800's.f at around $18-20k as well.Everything in that area is cheap however they dont have MTR, and the traffic gets worst every morning after 8. if you prefer something better and close to central, would suggest the mid-levels like the Hillsbough Court, same side and budget with club and shuttle bus.actually the west mid levels like the bonham road and robinson road is a reali good place too, would recommend The Goldwin Height size around 1000's.f asking around 23K with full sea view. let me know if you need more help on getting a place

Velkommen, velkommen!

Just make sure you get here before the HK Rugby Sevens at the end of March so you can come out and meet some of the resident Norwegians

Kennedy Town is ok, but traffic can be a bit of a bitch. Mid-levels or Discovery Bay are most popular among the Norwegian crowd - though of course everything depends on what your budget is.

As for sports clubs you can join the HK football club in Happy Valley, or look around to join one of the local amateur teams. There are a few old posts on this forum from teams looking for players.

Make sure you register with Klubb Norge when you get here

Thumbs up Thanks for all info

Hi again guys,

thanks for all info. It looks like we will be moving to HK around 30th March. We will be staying at a hotel for the first 2 weeks so we can look around and find a place.

- AndyB1981: We're definitly up for a Liberation drink or two.

- KnowItAll: Thanks for the info, I have just had a qoute, think it's best to sell my furnitures here in Jersey! Thanks for info anyway.

- junebabe: Cheers for all the flat price/size and area info. I will know a lot more shorthly.

- trondmv: H?res veldig bra ut! Vil kontakte dere n?r jeg har f?tt bena planta i HK. Registrerte meg som medlem i g?r. Gleder meg allerede til 17. Mai.

Hey there, I'm presently in Jersey, moving to HK in a few weeks!!

The shipping company I'm using is White and Co, they are a local Jersey company, pretty good.

The other one to consider is Allied Pickford.

PM me if you want details of White and Co.

I'm actually going to be based in KT for the first month or so.

I am moving to HK with my Partner this July 07 as well. From Brooklyn NY. Want to also find a reliable moving company that specializes in U.S. to HK / Asia - Door to Door service.

Flat to share in HK

Hi guys!

Oh well, just'd like to know if you had any idea, advice to find a share flat in HK island (Sheung Wan, Central, Tin Hau, Causeway Bay, Mid-levels, Wan chai.. ).
    I guess it's pretty hard to find one.
    I've been looking for a place for a while (asiaxpat, geoxpat, anywhere...), I don't find anything.
    So could you please give me a hand, see around if anyone is looking for a flatmate / flatshare (english speaker)
    anything that could help!
    BTW my budget rent is around 4,000 up to 6,500 HK$

Hope to hear from you soon, I need a place to stay urgently!

Thanks a lot!
    [email protected]

Last edited by Alexa; 03-03-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Need help!