Where do Indians live

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where do Indians live

With no offence to the non-Indian members on this forum, I post this questions.
    I prefer my husband to check out places where fellow Indians reside. We want to stay in a locality where there are Indians; Primarily so that I dont feel out of place while he is away at work..
    I understood from another thread that there are few Indians living in Caribean coast of Tung Chang. Can someone suggest similar properties please.
    I would like my husband to carry a list of such properties and he can ask the agent to show him each of such properties. Our budgetary constrains dictate max HKD 20000 towards rent.

Someone had mentioned Gold coast has Indian population as well. Kindly suggest the name of the property.

There are Indians everywhere in Hong Kong. For details of the numbers by district according to the 2006 census look here: http://www.bycensus2006.gov.hk/FileM..._981/a205e.xls

But the total is only 18,000 amongst a population of 7 million (0.3%), so nowhere has a particularly high density. 80%+ of the people around you will be Chinese. It that bothers you then maybe you shouldn't move to China.

Quote Originally Posted by PARURAJ999:
    With no offence to the non-Indian members on this forum, I post this questions.
    I prefer my husband to check out places where fellow Indians reside. We want to stay in a locality where there are Indians; Primarily so that I dont feel out of place while he is away at work..
    I understood from another thread that there are few Indians living in Caribean coast of Tung Chang. Can someone suggest similar properties please.
    I would like my husband to carry a list of such properties and he can ask the agent to show him each of such properties. Our budgetary constrains dictate max HKD 20000 towards rent.

Someone had mentioned Gold coast has Indian population as well. Kindly suggest the name of the property.
    There is a fair share of Indians resident in in hunghom as well (laguna verde for example)

I have seen quite a few Indians in and around Taikoo Shing.

Laguana city in Lam Tin has quite a few Indians living there.

We are all over!

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    We are all over!
    Except India, where you have punjabis, gujaratis, marathis, tamilian, mallus, pahadis, bangalis......the list goes on...

Why would you think you will feel out of place? In most areas of HK all of us non Han Chinese stick out like sore thumbs anyway - white, black, brown, whatever. Don't worry about it so much. We're all the same on the inside. Right?

Best thing would be to get here, take a short term serviced apartment and make contact with the indian community, that way you can speak to people who live in in places that might be suitable, this will also help you make some new friends.

Register yourself with a. consulate and b. any one of the many Indian social groups. That way you'd make friends quickly and also get to know of any events.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast