Like Tree10Likes

What to buy before coming to Hong Kong??

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

When in doubt, try Ikea, they have pretty much most things in the way of kitchen utensils.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    When in doubt, try Ikea, they have pretty much most things in the way of kitchen utensils.
    They didn't have one when I was looking, nor did Park N' Shop or Taste, same goes for bread knives. You guys would have laughed, my wife thought I was going nuts, I even looked potato mashers up on Alibaba, contacted a supplier in Hong Kong and toyed with the idea of buying the minimum order of 500 before I snapped out of it and had one sent over from England
    ricdan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    They didn't have one when I was looking, nor did Park N' Shop or Taste, same goes for bread knives. You guys would have laughed, my wife thought I was going nuts, I even looked potato mashers up on Alibaba, contacted a supplier in Hong Kong and toyed with the idea of buying the minimum order of 500 before I snapped out of it and had one sent over from England
    I think I might have just used a fork.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I think I might have just used a fork.
    Yes, I think most people would. People who know me will nod in bemusement because if I want a potato masher I will single mindedly demolish a mountain to get to one. It's not a good thing, really, not a good thing...

Did you see a doctor about your 'peculiar disposition'?

I dunno bryant, I've lived in Hong Kong almost all my life, my parents were here for over 40 years and we have never failed to find potato mashers! Being Scottish, the tatties were very important in our family

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    I dunno bryant, I've lived in Hong Kong almost all my life, my parents were here for over 40 years and we have never failed to find potato mashers! Being Scottish, the tatties were very important in our family
    Being Scottish you were probably even more stubborn in your search for them than I was :-)
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Thank You

Thank you all for your answers. Have gotten some great feedback.

Re the potato masher topic, funnily enough I struggled to find one when we lived in Italy. Found one in the end but was not all that great. I think I'll just bring one from here AND go hunting for one in HK

Quote Originally Posted by Gavelina:
    Thank you all for your answers. Have gotten some great feedback.

Re the potato masher topic, funnily enough I struggled to find one when we lived in Italy. Found one in the end but was not all that great. I think I'll just bring one from here AND go hunting for one in HK
    Don't forget to bring an extra one for Bryant's masher 'fix'!
    bryant.english likes this.

If you are coming here before easter, bring some cadbury creme eggs, otherwise uk pub snacks have a certain desperate calling as well

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread164821-3.html

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast