dryers in HK???

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    Most of the time I dry my clothes in a small room using a dehumidifier.
    Yes. this is what most ppl do. (good idea)

or ... to do laundary only @ laundramet and let them do the drying.

The 2 in 1 washers aren't that good for drying. It basically steam dry the clothes. I send my clothes to the laundry. Pretty cheap. Something like 11 pounds for HKD35 or something like that. But be careful with that....some of my t-shirts shrunk a little.

Would agree w/ sunniefaith...don't buy the all-in-one washer/dryer as they're really very poor. If you want to do it at home, either buy a separate dryer (if you have the space) or hang your clothes to dry in a room w/ dehumidifer. Or, outsource it and take 'em to the laundry.

sunniefaith is so correct abt steam drying. They are awful. Takes 2 times longer than a conventional dryer.

I also us a laundry service for blankets and duvet covers and the problem is, they all come out dull and or gray. I have actually taken a Chinese speaker with me and talked abt the dryer setting. My things had a burnt rubber smell.
    They have been much better since. I make sure tho that they know it is my stuff when they drop it off.

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma:
    sunniefaith is so correct abt steam drying. They are awful. Takes 2 times longer than a conventional dryer.

I also us a laundry service for blankets and duvet covers and the problem is, they all come out dull and or gray. I have actually taken a Chinese speaker with me and talked abt the dryer setting. My things had a burnt rubber smell.
    They have been much better since. I make sure tho that they know it is my stuff when they drop it off.
    goodkarma, so they did lower the settings for you? That's good. I'm thinking of talking to my laundry guy as well. My t-shirt shrunk like a size ....as it is my t-shirts are mini t-shirts and now, they're even minier.....have to really lose weight to get into them now!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa lose weight to fit your laundry guys needs !

Yes, I find most of the laundry shps in HK to be very accomodating. I ask for no softener too and they don't look at me like I'm an idiot. I just don't like the softeners they use. Makes everything non absorbant and odd to touch.

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma:
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaa lose weight to fit your laundry guys needs !

Yes, I find most of the laundry shps in HK to be very accomodating. I ask for no softener too and they don't look at me like I'm an idiot. I just don't like the softeners they use. Makes everything non absorbant and odd to touch.
    Good, next time I send my stuff there...which is this weekend, I'm going to try in my best, best chinese to tell them to lower the temperature....Hopefully that'll stop my shrinking t-shirts