Mariposita, you're making me homesick LOL!
ditto with everything on your list, especially independent theatre and second city, and improv olympic- i'd also like to add (see my "what food do you miss post" too hahaha):
1) jaffer's sweets on lawrence - the best baklava ever
2) being able to ride my bike everywhere as an alternative mode of transportation
3) environmentally friendly city
5) marshall fields (not macy's) and free concerts at millennium park
6) drinks and views at the lounge on the Top of the Cock
7) kayaking the chicago river
8) good ol greasy diner food
9) Viagra triangle: its restaurants, especially Gibsons for a superb filet mignon, and the avante garde cuisine on Fulton street market in West Loop
10) Filter lounge in Wicker Park- i miss hipsters, even wannabe hipsters
1) annoying lincoln park trixies with an undeserved sense of entitlement
2) annoying lincoln park chads with an undeserved sense of entitlement (oh wait did these two groups all move to HK, LOL?)
3) 452 homicides in 2006, up from 2005
4) went i went back for christmas car got broken into and a week later someone burgluraized 4 units in my condo building- and i live in Lakeview for christ's sake!
i definitely miss salsa tuesdays at Green Dolphin ( i just plain miss dancing with latinos!!!!) and good latin food in logan square and pilsen.
i miss dance partners who can dance a good bachata! seriously how hard is it for hongkies to move their hips without looking like they just got off a 20 hour horseback ride, i mean seriously? hahaha
i miss the LA salsa scene too - steven's steakhouse, grenada, tapas bar...
oh well i still love HK too and there are definitely some benefits to living here, especially in the winter!