Hong Kong Vs. Chicago

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cerberus:
    hey KIA...been off the site for like six months, seems nobody missed me dammit.

entropy, give my best to CLTV and have a Dogfish Head at the Maple Leaf for me. DAMMIT.

antway, is the 25th St Pat's? i don't even know.
    Sat Mar 17 is the date

Jewel Osco as a pro? Interesting.

Though I can't say I enjoy strolling shoulder to shoulder down the Wellcome aisle perusing canned goods that are leftovers from my dad's tour in Vietnam.... I must say the Jewel or as the locals say... Da Jewels was never a pleasant experience.

I do miss wide aisles and a selection of groceries beyond a 80 HKD pounder of Horizon butter but the Jewel Osco has its bad points.

guess there's cons to anything but with Jewel i never had any complaints and it's the best supermarket experience i've had anywhere in like four countries. only the Carrefours in Beijing come close.

sure, they have the occasional expired dairy product and the company keeps changing hands, but it's otherwise totally cool. their newer stores are awesome. like the one on Pulaski and Foster.

there's nothing like this in HK...as you noted, only places such as City Super/Great/Taste even REMOTELY resemble, but what about the cost?

I am a Chicago gal and would love to have a gathering.

Bet you don't see this in HK on St. Patty's day :)

Here you go, pics from St. Patty's day in Chicago, and yes, you do see a leprechaun being arrested...LOL

Leprechauns

I omitted the scary drunk leprechauns in chicago!!! and they were in droves I tell you!

Moving to HK!

I've been catching up on this thread as I am considering a move from Chicago to HK. Chicago is corrupt in so many ways as the video link below will show. Opened a small business this past year and was saddened that the bribes I was expected to pay were so common place. Been to HK 4 times and each time I keep looking at it as a potential second home.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Crazy!!!

I have a love/hate relationship with Chicago. I love the summers, hate the winters, and it's true, the city government is corrupt to no end. I have a friend that moved from Chicago to Shenzhen and eventually Manila. I feel like that so many of my peers are hopping in/out of the city. But I think it's true for all major cities in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Musei:
    I've been catching up on this thread as I am considering a move from Chicago to HK. Chicago is corrupt in so many ways as the video link below will show. Opened a small business this past year and was saddened that the bribes I was expected to pay were so common place. Been to HK 4 times and each time I keep looking at it as a potential second home.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

well, here's a con for the OP. then again, really clean gov't is hard to come by.

a reason to not miss Chicago

there are plenty of stuff i miss, then i was reminded how much easier transportation is in HK than Chicago...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/26/us...hp&oref=slogin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast