Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Oldtimer

Job at Citibank Tower. Where should i live?

Closed Thread

Job at Citibank Tower. Where should i live?

Got a job at Citibank tower... where is the best place to live to get to work?

would prefer cheapish but close. i don't mind sharing with cockroaches.

Depends what you mean by cheapish - along Caine road is an easy walk (I do it) and prices aren't bad.

I commute from Kennedy Town (30min bus). Belcher's is exp (30k+) but others near by at half the price

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The original post is three years' old.

I doubt Citibank Tower has moved in that time.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

But the OP might have. And might have completely forgotten about this thread.

Then the advice will be available to anyone who searches and finds it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    Then the advice will be available to anyone who searches and finds it.
    Yes, especially given my wife and I are moving to HK shortly and will work at Citibank / ICBC Tower. We're DINKs (double income, no kids), pretty far past the raging animal stage yet still very much alive and will head out for drinks at times (together or with friends) and for meals at times (cheap local to reasonable medium to sometimes higher priced, quality global meals), prefer rectangular 2br space (avoiding too many space wasting angles) and possibly a larger open LR/DR area (versus smaller single rooms). We have a budget up to about $50K, yet don't feel a need to spend that if we find a likable, conveniently located place for less. A pool and decent pool would be good, yet are not deal breakers. Thanks in advance for any insightful replies and helpful suggestions.

Kennedy Road or Macdonnel Road would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by HK-Husky:
    Yes, especially given my wife and I are moving to HK shortly and will work at Citibank / ICBC Tower. We're DINKs (double income, no kids), pretty far past the raging animal stage yet still very much alive and will head out for drinks at times (together or with friends) and for meals at times (cheap local to reasonable medium to sometimes higher priced, quality global meals), prefer rectangular 2br space (avoiding too many space wasting angles) and possibly a larger open LR/DR area (versus smaller single rooms). We have a budget up to about $50K, yet don't feel a need to spend that if we find a likable, conveniently located place for less. A pool and decent pool would be good, yet are not deal breakers. Thanks in advance for any insightful replies and helpful suggestions.
    HK-Husky likes this.