Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MovingIn07
  • 1 Post By Oldtimer

From India to HK - what would be a good offer

Closed Thread

From India to HK - what would be a good offer

Hi,
    I have been offered a new role in my current organization as the regional coordinator of APAC. Any suggestions as to what would be a good offer for this role?

I am 25, plan to move alone and have family with me from time to time.

I would not be managing anyone, would be reporting to a director and have over 5 years of experience. My company is a multinational.

Any thoughts?

What industry? And what's your specific job role?

Industry; Consulting
    Role: Coordinator in Marketing and Communication for the APAC region
    Thanks for your help

So they offered me HKD 25000 per month with initial housing assistance and airfare for coming there.

Can anyone pleaseeeeee help me and let me know if this is any good?

Well it's not stunning that's for sure - a good secretary earns more. What is the "initial housing assistance"?

I donno yet thats why i wanted to be sure if its worth anything at all. Whatever the housing assistance is would it make much of a difference if it ends in a few months?

Also this is like an international transfer my company is offering me. Here i have a comfortable house, i dont pay any rent and save easily. Would i be able to save anything at all in this if i go - considering rent and all. Plus i would like to visit home once in 6 months or call my parents there. Seems like there would be no room for me to afford that in this. Right?

A local would consider 25k to be a good salary; as an expat it's pretty poor and you'd struggle to have the same level of comfortable life you do back home. On the other hand it's a great opportunity to experience another culture, beef up your CV etc etc. You might have to weigh up those pro's against the salary problem.

RocCity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Well it's not stunning that's for sure - a good secretary earns more. What is the "initial housing assistance"?
    Indeed !!

And many, many new grads enter most of the consulting industry on more than that.

If savings, and comfort is your drive, than 25k is not the best of pay to move for.

It is not worth it. Minimum you should ask for $25,000 plus free housing plus home visit every six months. Then you can save some money.

RocCity likes this.

Thanks everyone for posting!!