Need suggestions - Salary

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by clip_my_wings:
    60,000 month? not so high .. investment banks are awash with money...

the governer has just handed everyone a reabte of 10k but not sure if you will qualify
    ...........not all IB are awashed with money and even though 2006 was a very good year, the ones that really get the money are ppl in IB Front Office, not the case of IT ppl as stated in this thread or back office ppl.

I think the package is OK, more or less in line with market practice.

The rebate on tax was 15K I think but let see how this works out, I guess PDLM will know more about it :-)

For housing it all depends on you (willingness to travel or not..) but you do have a lot of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    ...........not all IB are awashed with money and even though 2006 was a very good year, the ones that really get the money are ppl in IB Front Office, not the case of IT ppl as stated in this thread or back office ppl.

I think the package is OK, more or less in line with market practice.

The rebate on tax was 15K I think but let see how this works out, I guess PDLM will know more about it :-)

For housing it all depends on you (willingness to travel or not..) but you do have a lot of options.
    rightly said mat..

you cant put this package in exceptional category. its a ok package inline with current market.

Thank you for your clarifications.

I just wanted to be sure that this salary is inline with the market, though not exceptional.

Meaning, in no way i want to be an underpaid employee.

Quote Originally Posted by IamInHk:
    My monthly budget is as follows :
    ===================
    Tax : HKD 7000
    You can check the HK Revenue Dept web site for an idea on how much tax you need to pay http://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/ese/ind_stc.htm

Quote Originally Posted by IamInHk:
    Actually iam in Singapore with another bank and my gross in Singapore is SGD96k P.A. + Bonus.

The new bank which is recruiting me in HK is giving me a salary of HKD720K P.A. + Bonus.
    So, 720K is actually 144K SGD, which is atually an increase of 66%.

Is this a fine package ?
    I also came over from Singapore a year ago and got about 30% more here in HK. This was not a pay increase, but just a compensation for increased cost of living. Looking back, I think it was a fair deal. I don't have more savings at the end of the month, but also not less.

Quote Originally Posted by mjk:
    I also came over from Singapore a year ago and got about 30% more here in HK. This was not a pay increase, but just a compensation for increased cost of living. Looking back, I think it was a fair deal. I don't have more savings at the end of the month, but also not less.
    hope this would help you in terms of better life style, better job profile and future opportunities

That's Right! Park Island is a decent place to live on with right budget. It only takes 25 minutes ferry to Central which you could spend your time reading newspaper comfortably. Besides, it is truly good for babies/kids as an "environmental friendly" island.

I am offering a rental for full seaviews apartment on the island. You may check my classified at Geo Classified if interested.

Rdgs/Wong

Helper

Hello.

One thing you might consider getting is a domestic helper. They are very common in Hong Kong (and I think Singapore as well). This would free up your wife to pursue her career (& increase your family's income) or other interests. Plus, helpers are very affordable. About HKD 3000/month.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3