Like Tree3Likes

Good Sea view apartments

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky:
    Just so that you are aware, the realtors definitions of 'seaview' in Hong Kong are below:
    1. Full seaview - that sliver of blue/gray that you see between the buildings/mall/parking lot/cranes/freight tanker, assuming it's not a foggy day. Ignore the neighbour right opposite glaring at you - he's just jealous he doesn't have a seaview.
    2. Open seaview - take above sliver, divide by two.
    3. Partial seaview - the one square inch that you can see from the extreme corner of the bathroom window, if you crane your neck at a 90 degree angle. Pray there's no fog.

In short, don't pin your hopes on just a seaview, in HK the average view is of someone elses apartment. The beaches are fairly accessible if you want to visit when the weather is good.
    Depends where

I can show you pics from my bedrooms and living room and they are 180 degrees sea view - not one inch of vis a vis-

But of course I do not live in Wanchai, CWB, Shueng Wan...

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky:
    Just so that you are aware, the realtors definitions of 'seaview' in Hong Kong are below:
    1. Full seaview - that sliver of blue/gray that you see between the buildings/mall/parking lot/cranes/freight tanker, assuming it's not a foggy day. Ignore the neighbour right opposite glaring at you - he's just jealous he doesn't have a seaview.
    2. Open seaview - take above sliver, divide by two.
    3. Partial seaview - the one square inch that you can see from the extreme corner of the bathroom window, if you crane your neck at a 90 degree angle. Pray there's no fog.

In short, don't pin your hopes on just a seaview, in HK the average view is of someone elses apartment. The beaches are fairly accessible if you want to visit when the weather is good.
    HK is an Island, so of course many places have full sea views. If you want it, of course you can get a place like that in HK. Bell Air, Lavrotto, Repulse Bay, Park Island, many places in Pokfulam, the Arch. The list of course could go on and on. Now of course you should view the actual apartment, and not rely on a real estate agent's description, but rest assured many places do have true ocean views. Bear in mind though, that the better the view the higher the price you pay! I have alse seen places in Mid Levels, on high floors with stunning view and balconys, but of course very high $$$ also to live there.