Like Tree1Likes

Urgent: Housing help

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

you will be scraping the barrel. Try for at least HK$10K as a starting point. A while ago you could get a brand new 2 bed apartment in Lohas Park for HK$8K. If your on your own this would be big enough for you and only 30-40 mins from work.

Are you sure they didn't mean USD 5000? HKD 5000 (USD 640) seems extremely low, you should budget a minimum of HKD 10000 in this market.

Minimum 12-14k. That'll get you something ok and 'expatty' somewhere like the Harbourview/Horizon places in Hung Hom or in Ma On Shan or Gold Goast, etc. 5K is a JOKE.

Original Post Deleted

Gold Coast as the "area"/

Aegean Cost for example has flats for ~8 K (653 sqf).

As for Gold Coast just read here: http://www.centadata.com/eptest.aspx...info=tr&page=0

610 sqf 7500.
    Last edited by Mat; 29-04-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    Have you read the Centadata link I posted before getting all on?

610 sqf in GC for 7.5K.

+ agean coast has a "bus" that departs everyday at 7.30 and 7.45 AM for example (dont recall all the timing) and that stops at Pacific Place (lippo Towers before you try to pin point that it isnt excatly Pacific Place and that you need xx minutes to walk from that point to PP).
    (yes I know I used to take it).
    Last edited by Mat; 29-04-2011 at 03:44 PM.

That 8888HKD is the ad for the Gold Coast apartments and the cheapest are actually 12500HKD, when I looked six months ago anyway!! You can get 8500HKD in the Gold Coast residences if you go through the local agencies. Maybe M07 can confirm..if you're in the residences, can you use the shuttle bus? Again, I defer to M07..

Original Post Deleted
    My data is from about a year ago. I know someone who rented a private appartment (so not one of the ones advertised by Sino). She told me there were quite a few of them and they were significantly cheaper than the Sino ones. I was amazed; when I went around with the Sino agents, they told me the whole place was 100% Sino-owned and no private apartments - so they just lied, I think).

The other option is Aegean Coast over the road. It's newer, nicer, cheaper but with no bus. The lack of a resident bus is a big drawback.

Original Post Deleted
    ... or you do what I do when it's raining and pick up one of the numerous buses that either stops right where the GC bus stops outside the post office, or walk to the other wide of Jardine House and pick up one there - pretty much every bus that stops there (more than 1 per minute in peak hour) goes first to Lippo and then to Pacific Place, 2 stops - 2 mins or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

+ agean coast has a "bus" that departs everyday at 7.30 and 7.45 AM for example (dont recall all the timing) and that stops at Pacific Place (lippo Towers
    Mat - I have tried to figure out if Aegean has a bus, and my friends who live there but don't work in Central "thought" there was something ... do you know where it leaves from and if you have to prove you are a resident? Another bus option would be fabulous, especially since I work in Lippo!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Mat - I have tried to figure out if Aegean has a bus, and my friends who live there but don't work in Central "thought" there was something ... do you know where it leaves from and if you have to prove you are a resident? Another bus option would be fabulous, especially since I work in Lippo!
    Do you know if people at the GC residences can use the Shuttle, do they have their own clubhouse, are they even connected??