Company Formation / Visa

Company Formation / Visa

am interested in having a trading company estalished in HK with a primiary business of mail order, etc or occassional shipment by Air, Sea.

My questions are who are the good and cheap service providers. Most of my business will be online (virtual) and wont need maintaining an office full time. Laptop, orders, shipping them, etc.

Is it possible and how should I go for it. Furthermore, I will need residence visa too (or atleast a multiple entry long term visa) and will be roaming around Pacific countries and sub contienent to source products.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Omer

Quote Originally Posted by BizTravels
    am interested in having a trading company estalished in HK with a primiary business of mail order, etc or occassional shipment by Air, Sea.

My questions are who are the good and cheap service providers. Most of my business will be online (virtual) and wont need maintaining an office full time. Laptop, orders, shipping them, etc.

Is it possible and how should I go for it. Furthermore, I will need residence visa too (or atleast a multiple entry long term visa) and will be roaming around Pacific countries and sub contienent to source products.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Omer
    It is actually quite easy:
    - in order to get a residence visa you need to have a working contract;
    - for the working contract you need to have a company;
    - as a visitor you are not allowed to found a company in Hong Kong.

No joke.

If your working visa is based on that company, then you need to submit a business plan and the company has a business review by the immmigration department every year.
    You need to create jobs and rent office space.

For registering the company you might want to contact some CPAs or lawyers. Searching google for Suzanne Liu Hong Kong might be a good start.

Hi, you might want to check with http://www.investhk.gov.hk, they're extremely accommodating and this site has pretty good resources: http://www.ld.gov.hk/text/english/investinginhk.htm#01

Like Expatriate mentioned, if you talk to the right CPA & lawyer, you could have everything set up in a couple of days...I beg to differ though, you can legally set up a company in HK even as a visitor.

Gentlemen, Thank you for your feedbacks.

I see that there are minimum investment requirements set by HK. For a startup newly born company, is it easier to get work visa under its umberlla as executive director. Will the immigration still require me to substantiate how will the company benefit HK and when it is only a trading (mail order) business?

Did any of you succeed like this?

I have extensive travelling on business all over the world and my passport should satisfy them my legitimate intention to conduct business. My passport belongs to Pakistan.

coreventsasia is correct

you can legally have a company in HK even as a visitor.. the point is that you cannot setup or join a Business as a visitor but who stops your representative (a CPA or a lawyer) to set it up for you and in your name :-)

Pakistani Passport isnt much liked here as a matter of fact (sorry if it hurts), for a Hong Kong visit visa you can have a multiple entry visit visa that you have to take from Pakistan and for that you have to have a business in Pakistan and then a long procedure to apply and approval....

but that is visitor visa, you cannot work. and if you just want to visit as a buyer then its fine... once you start to spend 10 days in Hong Kong from your alloted 14 days then you might have trouble sooner then any one else with a different passport.. and you may have to do some explaining and documentary proof of why you are here....

but getting a work permit without investing and giving employment ... i would say forget it !

your legitimate intentions are not substantiated from your passport but by the actual business you conduct with the local economy.. if you can do that.. well and good !!

show a genuine reason why you need to travel so often and you may get a Travel Pass...

WBR
    Syed

Last edited by Scorpio01; 16-01-2009 at 01:55 AM.