Is this a right package?

Unhappy Is this a right package?

Dear All,
    Before I put forward my query, let me tell you that this particular topic has been discussed many times in forum (I already had look at it) but considering it’s first time for me to relocate to other country, I want to make sure that it’s right move and that’s why I want help you all there .
    So, thing is I’m a ERP (Microsoft ERP) consultant having 5+ years of experience currently working in Mumbai, India. I’m drawing a salary of INR 1,100000 / Annum (around HKD 211,000).
    I have received an offer from a software consulting company in HK, wherein they are offering me a salary of 360,000 HKD/Annum.
    I would really appreciate, if you guys/gals can give me some idea, about
    Whether it’s a right package or not?
    What would be the saving potential, considering I’m a bachelor (I’m expecting to pay rent upto <5000).
    I’m thinking of pursuing a part-time MBA, will there be any problem in doing so, if one is working in HK on work permit?

Regards,
    Shajera P.

hey boss
    thats not a whole lot of money for an expat.. you can survive ok but you won't be saving much $$
    For < 5k rent you can expect to live in a small flat in the new territories,or share something small in a more central location
    hope this helps

You cannot study on a Work permit. You can only work for the company that sponsors your permit.

huh. even part time study you can't ? that's abit stretched right ?

part time should not be a problem, at least that's what they say on the websites of the local universities.

30000 INR per month salary in India = 30000 HKD per month salary in HKD.

The only difference is

10000 INR per month saving in India is NOT EQUAL to 10000 HKD per month saving in Hong Kong

Hope this will help.

If you are joining with package just for the salary, Answer is BIG NO.

thanks all, for your inputs.
    Yeah, i meant part time study and it seems possible to pursue even if you are on WP.
    About job offer, salary is not the ONLY thing for me to consider relocation to HK, there are other things like,this company has some good projects and scope for growth is quite good.
    So shall I push them for more salary, if that's the case considering my experience, what should I be asking for?
    I would really appreciate, if you help me out on this

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Shajera:
    So shall I push them for more salary, if that's the case considering my experience, what should I be asking for?
    i think you should look for 600000 HKD as you have 5 years of experience.