Like Tree18Likes

If you came from US, what did HK not have?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I love golden syrup. Lyles ideally. Grew up on it. Prefer it to maple syrup actually!
    Yep me too, has to be Lyle's, yum.....

Let's be honest though. All these things... maple syrup, golden syrup, honey, even the cheap Chinese 'cheap' syrup are pretty much the same thing. Liquid sugar.

We've all got out preferences and in most cases its because of our childhood. Sugar is magical stuff! Just yesterday I made the mistake of giving my 10 month old daughter a little spoonful of ice cream and she started screaming and pointing at it when I took it away!

Last edited by justjoe86; 03-08-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Ha ha, JJ that's it now!
    Yes, Lyle's Golden Syrup really reminds me of being very young and having it on Ready Brek.....
    I thought I'd read somewhere that maple syrup is the most natural form - virtually straight out of the tree and then bottled, correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure if I am someone will )

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Yes, Lyle's Golden Syrup really reminds me of being very young and having it on Ready Brek.....
    OMG are you RELATED to me or something .....or did we all just eat Lyles Golden Syrup on Ready Brek back then?????
    Satay Sue likes this.

Yep it probably is natural, and honey is natural too, but ah whatever they're just sugar at the end of the day!

Ready brek... I never did understand that one. Weetabix for me... or hot shreddies. Yum!

On the topic of cereal... My brothers and I liked the little kellogs variety boxes and we'd invariably fight over the coco pops. They definitely tasted better from little individual boxes though!

I was never a fan of Shreddies. Hot milk on Weetabix yes. Re Ready Brek, I never liked the flavoured ones, hence the plain stuff with syrup.

I hated (and still hate) Weetabix - which is a shame because it's one of the healthier options. Shreddies though I love and still eat (when I can find them here). I used to get proper Shredded Wheat, but recently only the nasty US version seems to be in the stores. BRING BACK THE SHREDDED WHEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    I was never a fan of Shreddies. Hot milk on Weetabix yes. Re Ready Brek, I never liked the flavoured ones, hence the plain stuff with syrup.
    I think my dad was mean and he only let me have about 1 tea spoon of sugar on my cereal... damn health conscious hippy!
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    On the topic of cereal... My brothers and I liked the little kellogs variety boxes and we'd invariably fight over the coco pops. They definitely tasted better from little individual boxes though!
    Yes, Coco pops were always fought over. Frosties and Ricicles too (OMG how much sugar!!). And yes, they did taste better out of those silly little boxes didn't they?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast