Like Tree18Likes

If you came from US, what did HK not have?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    I use M&S stuff and have no problem; Mr SS uses Rexona, again no complaints (and he is fussy!) As long as it has the aluminium thing it seems to work....?
    I use most anything, most work fine for me. But hubby....lordy lord when he comes home some nights after a sweaty day I'm hoping Degree is the answer, he says it will work

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    See my reply. When in Tokyo we used to have to bring back cases of Sure. Nothing seemed to work for Mr SS - but he gets on fine with Rexona - but you need to check the ingredients, I think it's the aluminium that is the active thing
    Thanks SS, have tried the local Rexona. I'm thinking Degree must be some sort of Sure/Rexona sibling as they all have that 'tick' as part of the logo. I must admit having used Sure years ago it was pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Ribbed, flavoured?
    I meant deodorising and perfumed. Though to be honest it's not something I've really investigated - just repeating what I'd heard people say.

Why not use an antibacterial soap, its the bacteria on the skin that causes the smell.

I would be more worried about alzheimer's disease. Someone correct me if I am wrong but if I remember correctly there was a link between high aluminum concentrations in the brain and alzheimer's disease.

And the aluminum in the deodorant is in a high enough concentrations to cross the blood brain barrier.

That is unless I remember wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Anti-perspirant is the bane of my hubby's life. Nothing seems to work and he refused to leave A&M on our last visit without a multi-pack of Degree under his arm (literally). I mentioned it earlier

Here's hoping smelly sweaty armpits that nothing on the shelves in Hong Kong seems to fix.

Blood brain barrier...lordy lord!

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Why not use an antibacterial soap, its the bacteria on the skin that causes the smell.

I would be more worried about alzheimer's disease. Someone correct me if I am wrong but if I remember correctly there was a link between high aluminum concentrations in the brain and alzheimer's disease.

And the aluminum in the deodorant is in a high enough concentrations to cross the blood brain barrier.

That is unless I remember wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't anti-perspiration products causes gas? It has to come out somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramdom:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't anti-perspiration products causes gas? It has to come out somehow.
    Eh? Am I missing some obscure joke here or is this a comment of astonishing ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Eh? Am I missing some obscure joke here or is this a comment of astonishing ignorance?
    You're so stupid PDLM... it was clearly an exceptionally funny joke. I laughed so hard my sweat glands farted

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    -palmface-

So they sort of have bar soap and shower cream? If I use body wash, do I need to bring that? And I remember last time being in Hong Kong we had some trouble finding deodorant (my sister forgot to put it on that day and we were searching for it while we were out). As you guys suggest, I guess I need to bring deodorant/anti-perspirant too.

Loving the replies. Helps with the packing list.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast