Like Tree18Likes

If you came from US, what did HK not have?

Reply
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
  1. #71

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DB
    Posts
    3,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    I use M&S stuff and have no problem; Mr SS uses Rexona, again no complaints (and he is fussy!) As long as it has the aluminium thing it seems to work....?
    I use most anything, most work fine for me. But hubby....lordy lord when he comes home some nights after a sweaty day I'm hoping Degree is the answer, he says it will work

  2. #72

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DB
    Posts
    3,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    See my reply. When in Tokyo we used to have to bring back cases of Sure. Nothing seemed to work for Mr SS - but he gets on fine with Rexona - but you need to check the ingredients, I think it's the aluminium that is the active thing
    Thanks SS, have tried the local Rexona. I'm thinking Degree must be some sort of Sure/Rexona sibling as they all have that 'tick' as part of the logo. I must admit having used Sure years ago it was pretty good!

  3. #73

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    23,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Ribbed, flavoured?
    I meant deodorising and perfumed. Though to be honest it's not something I've really investigated - just repeating what I'd heard people say.

  4. #74

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Back in the US of A, home of the free...
    Posts
    862

    Why not use an antibacterial soap, its the bacteria on the skin that causes the smell.

    I would be more worried about alzheimer's disease. Someone correct me if I am wrong but if I remember correctly there was a link between high aluminum concentrations in the brain and alzheimer's disease.

    And the aluminum in the deodorant is in a high enough concentrations to cross the blood brain barrier.

    That is unless I remember wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Anti-perspirant is the bane of my hubby's life. Nothing seems to work and he refused to leave A&M on our last visit without a multi-pack of Degree under his arm (literally). I mentioned it earlier

    Here's hoping smelly sweaty armpits that nothing on the shelves in Hong Kong seems to fix.

  5. #75

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,442

    Blood brain barrier...lordy lord!


  6. #76

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Why not use an antibacterial soap, its the bacteria on the skin that causes the smell.

    I would be more worried about alzheimer's disease. Someone correct me if I am wrong but if I remember correctly there was a link between high aluminum concentrations in the brain and alzheimer's disease.

    And the aluminum in the deodorant is in a high enough concentrations to cross the blood brain barrier.

    That is unless I remember wrong.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't anti-perspiration products causes gas? It has to come out somehow.

  7. #77

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    23,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramdom:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't anti-perspiration products causes gas? It has to come out somehow.
    Eh? Am I missing some obscure joke here or is this a comment of astonishing ignorance?

  8. #78

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,477
    Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Eh? Am I missing some obscure joke here or is this a comment of astonishing ignorance?
    You're so stupid PDLM... it was clearly an exceptionally funny joke. I laughed so hard my sweat glands farted

  9. #79

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Eh? Am I missing some obscure joke here or is this a comment of astonishing ignorance?
    -palmface-

  10. #80

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    117

    So they sort of have bar soap and shower cream? If I use body wash, do I need to bring that? And I remember last time being in Hong Kong we had some trouble finding deodorant (my sister forgot to put it on that day and we were searching for it while we were out). As you guys suggest, I guess I need to bring deodorant/anti-perspirant too.

    Loving the replies. Helps with the packing list.


Reply
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast