what are Hong Kong's pet regulations??

what are Hong Kong's pet regulations??

I'm moving to hong kong, and dogs are really important in my house. What are the average regulations on having a dog? Do you recommend having one? What problems could I have?

Are you asking about bringing a dog with you from El Salvador, or are they so important that you'll dump those and get new ones when you're here?

For dog licensing within HK: AFCD Dog Licensing, Microchip Identification and Vaccination against Rabies

For import of a dog from abroad: AFCD Import of Dogs and Cats

lol no the thing is I love dogs, but I dont have one right now. My labrador died 3 months ago and I think I'll wait till I get to Hong Kong.

Last edited by michelsoto04; 17-07-2011 at 03:32 AM.

I've written and published a book called "The Woof and Meow Guide to Hong Kong" which covers everything you need to know about getting and owning a dog / cat in Hong Kong. As well as the laws regarding dogs it tells you where you can adopt or foster a dog or volunteer to walk a dog, details of vets, supply stores, groomers, boarding kennels, walks, dog friendly restaurants etc etc.

You can get a copy from SPCA when you arrive - I have donated copies to them for their fundraising efforts. If you'd like to get one before you get here send me a PM and I'll send a link to my online store.