Like Tree2Likes

Singapore to Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Anarchy01,

In your first post you mentioned that you worked in Singapore for two years, is that all or do you have more years of working experience from back home. Also whats your age?

Hi bak875,

I have just over 3yrs experience well relevent IT expereince & my age is 28.

bak875 likes this.

You'd be doing yourself a grave disservice giving up a decent job in Sing - one in which you can save - for a similar job in HK for just 32k a month.

Sure you can live ok here on that, but who wants to 'live ok'?

Stay where you are.

So it turns out that I know someone that lives in HK and she would be willing to flat share which is what I do now in Singapore so with a flat share the price would be halved hmmm something to think about I guess also my friend that I would be sharing with I know her from when she lived in Singapore and she claims that just about everything in HK is cheaper when compared apart from the rents not sure how accurate this is.

Quote Originally Posted by anarchy01:
    So it turns out that I know someone that lives in HK and she would be willing to flat share which is what I do now in Singapore so with a flat share the price would be halved hmmm something to think about I guess also my friend that I would be sharing with I know her from when she lived in Singapore and she claims that just about everything in HK is cheaper when compared apart from the rents not sure how accurate this is.
    Perhaps, but 'cheaper' is not always 'better'. I wouldn't make a big life decision based solely on which place is nominally more affordable.

I would agree with her. With the exception of rent, just about everything is cheaper in HK although - as somone has pointed out - HK doesn't have the hawker stall thing, so you lose that lovely cheap eating option.

I really never got the excitement over hawker centres. Sure, they're cheap, and now and again they're good for a quick fix. But I couldn't eat that sort of thing all the time, quite greasy and unhealthy.

I have just been for my lunch at a hawker centre I do like them quick, easy and cheap but if HK does nice food at decent prices then no I wouldn't miss them so much I am easy to please when it comes to food. I also agree with Satay Sue sometimes the food is too greasy and you can taste the overwhelming MSG with some of the foods.

Gotta admit though I do love laksa (probably most unhealthiest of the lot) and of course, satay

Laksa Girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scobie08:
    I would agree with her. With the exception of rent, just about everything is cheaper in HK although - as somone has pointed out - HK doesn't have the hawker stall thing, so you lose that lovely cheap eating option.
    It's called a cooked food market in Hong Kong, they are all over the place.