Like Tree2Likes

Do ABCs or Bananas really face discrimination?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Did you try applying for the NET scheme? Its not an acronym of any native englih teacher, its an actual scheme for overseas native english speaking teachers who need visas. Ie you. They are well paid with housing allowance but there is a defined timetable for entry so find it out and apply.

I am a sucker for not applying. The timing was off. The deadline was February 28th, and I arrived in HK the beginning of March so things were hectic. It would have been a good thing for me. I just did not imagine getting a ROA or finding something on my own would be fraught with so much difficulty.

Life's about timing. Hope something will come together. It took a few months, but I am finding I really like HK a lot, and would like to stay for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Did you try applying for the NET scheme? Its not an acronym of any native englih teacher, its an actual scheme for overseas native english speaking teachers who need visas. Ie you. They are well paid with housing allowance but there is a defined timetable for entry so find it out and apply.

Are you talking just about NET work or discrimination in general?