moving to HK from tokyo

moving to HK from tokyo

hi all,

We r an Indian family movng from tokyo to Hong kong by Aug. I already have got a considerable amount of info fom this forum regarding the relocation.
    But it would be more helpful if someone out there could help me with the following queries:

1. Reg the housing, budget is 15-20 K /preferably 3B , It would be very helpful if some indian community is around...
    and also I have a 5 yr old son who will be joining a ESF primary school... so it is preferable for the house to be near to some good ESF primary school...

Could anyone suggest a few locations keeping the above said points in mind? any replies will be highly appreciated

thanks in advance

Moving ot Hk

1. Reg the housing, budget is 15-20 K /preferably 3B , It would be very helpful if some indian community is around...
    and also I have a 5 yr old son who will be joining a ESF primary school... so it is preferable for the house to be near to some good ESF primary school...

15 to 20 K for home rent is good idea. if you are planing to stay longer in this budget you can also mortgate a home in some middle class area. IT is good idea to have your home near to the child's school.

You dont have to be close to Indian community as there is no speical area for Indians in Hong Kong, however, as HOng Kong is small place, you can alwasy find indian friends at the weekend in Hindu temple or Ram MAndir in Tsim Sha Tsui.

Could anyone suggest a few locations keeping the above said points in mind? any replies will be highly appreciated

Tsim Sha TSui, Kowloon Tong, The PEak (very expensive) , Mei Foo, Shatin, Fotan, Tai Wai. Kowloon BAy.
    thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

shafinbutt,

thanks for the response. will definitly have this in mind while looking for a house.

one more question- how abt grocery shop ? any online shopping is there?