Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Satay Sue

Anyone who's used share container to ship their items.

Closed Thread

Anyone who's used share container to ship their items.

Hello All,
    Just a quick question to survey what other people's experiences have been with shipping items. I opted to ship all of my stuff using a shared container (as this was the cheapest option) from New Zealand to Hong Kong. The movers took my boxes to their warehouse and to the container two months ago and it still has not been shipped. They said that the container is not filling up. Is this normal or should I start complaining. They did warn me that using the shared container will take them about three months but this still seems a bit ridiculous. I've relocated between countries before but have never had this kind of problem. Any advice/insights appreciated.
    Thanks.

If they warned you it could take three months, implying that you accepted that, I don't understand why you are complaining that it has been two?

bibbju and bookblogger like this.

Fair enough. They did warn me. But just from experience..I've had four international moves in the last 10 years... I used shared containers for all of them. Never did it take this long which is why I'm wondering what's going on. Is it just the NZ to HK route that's slow??? The items have not even been shipped.....

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    If they warned you it could take three months, implying that you accepted that, I don't understand why you are complaining that it has been two?

It might depend on several factors. The volume of goods on the route being the main one. How much gear comes out as general cargo from NZ to HK port?

You may have used a small forwarding company. Call and ask them when and which vessel will the container be loaded on. The transit time from NZ to HK would be around 16 - 18 days alone.

You may even have the option of paying extra freight to get the container loaded sooner.

get what you pay for?

Who did you use?

Hi there,
    I want to use a shared container from NZ to HK.
    1) Hey Mochachino, Its now been a while, got your things yet? and
    2) who did you use?

Anybody recommend any good companies for shared containers from NZ to HK?
    or
    Is there anybody that wants to share a container? I don't really have a great deal of things though.
    cheers
    Lee.

It is NZ, the backwater of the world....