Moving to HKG any regrets

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah:
    (can't we move toe a beautiful place with ugly locals instead? hehe)
    Er, how does Scotland sound?

eeee... i don't know how my husband would feel about the kilts . we are very excited to move to HK. see you all soon!

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah:
    (can't we move toe a beautiful place with ugly locals instead? hehe)

To be perfectly honest, many girls in HK aren't exactly what I would call knockouts (in fact many are built like prepubescent boys...i.e. no boobs or hips). Guys who are after lookers definetely move to Tokyo before HK (in my humble opinion).

What you do find is that many old horny men (with $$$) do find that they can pull young "sugarbabies" and this causes the breakup of many marriages. It must be a great power trip for a guy in his 40s - 60s to get a 20 something gf. Keep in mind that HK is much more materialistic than US so $$$ is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    That's a few green squares off your rating PDLM. You have obviously never been to Hull - makes Scotland seem babe heaven I can tell you

PC Man and Hello there have very valid points. One thing to remember as well, is the stress that there is even before you leave as not only are you moving house but moving countries. I kept thinking as we were going three weeks of packing, moving, etc that if I can get through this I can get through anything. I think too often companies forget that the spouse is more often than not the one that's doing all the organising on their behalf. Then they go off to work and you're left trying to figure out what to buy at the supermarket. However, in saying that, I'm taking our time here to challenge myself and getting out of my comfort zone.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tony001:
    Hi guys, I had the same impression as yourselves about HKG.I visited the place and was hoping that one day I could get a job and relocate.All along she was all for it,maybe thinking that this would not eventuate so why not just agree for the moment and see what happens latter. So when I was offered the job one can only imagine how I happy and proud I was.Then came the response''I don't want to go"bla bla bla.I have been married 7 years and to give it all away would be a shame but by the same token I am the bread winner in the house,the company offer housing,education assistance for my boy who is 4, travel fund and discounted airline tickets etc etc so am I only right in thinking that she should support and follow me,or that was the case years ago when women prehaps were women and let men be men?I don't know.The most difficult part would be to leaving my boy behind.
    I'm curious as to why she doesn't wanna go. Hong Kong's not that bad, is it? It would be a great experience for her and your lad. Additionally, kids who attend international schools here tend to perform much better in school than their UK counterparts, and also attend better universities on average, so there's no problem with the quality of education here either.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 20-07-2007 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    What you do find is that many old horny men (with $$$) do find that they can pull young "sugarbabies" and this causes the breakup of many marriages. It must be a great power trip for a guy in his 40s - 60s to get a 20 something gf. Keep in mind that HK is much more materialistic than US so $$$ is everything.
    Old, yes I guess you would say so
    Horny, definitely
    Power trip, no just lust and love
    (with $$$) - I wish, more like (negative $$$$$$)

www.grahammia.com

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    To narrow it down further - Helensborough. Near The Faslane Submarine Base , UN Ugly Woman Award winners for the last 25 yrs.

Happy times !!!!!!

Why doesn't your Missus want to move here? On that package it sounds like you will be quids in. Not been here long but the lifestyle is great and your wife will meet loads of people as soon as your kid starts Kindy or school. Haven't met a kid who doesn't love it here. If you get sports club membership too then all the better.

Rebekah - Marriages don't just fall apart here, there has to be some fundamental problem to begin with. The only issue here is that sex is so readily available if that is your bag. Women literally throw themselves at you primarily because expats in particular are seen as a meal ticket. Up to your man to resist or not.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    To be perfectly honest, many girls in HK aren't exactly what I would call knockouts (in fact many are built like prepubescent boys...i.e. no boobs or hips). Guys who are after lookers definetely move to Tokyo before HK (in my humble opinion).
    So your love of Tokyo makes you into the schoolgirl thing then ???

I now understand what sort of bar I should meet you in the next time !!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast