ESF school waitlist

Closed Thread

ESF school waitlist

hi everyone,
    i am having nightmares trying to secure admission for my sons in HK. We were in HK about 2 years ago when my son went to Bradbury school, I have re-applied to the same school but they tell me that although he is on priority he is on a waiting list, his no. is 17..anyone knows how good or bad that is? Also I have heard that kids don;t get admission for months together? So what is the way out? Pay hefty application fees only to be put on waiting lists? Is there any school that may consider my application and just give us a confirmed place? Mums who have gone thru this nightmare pls. help!!

Sorry to hear about this. But I have to tell you that the place situation for international schools in Hong Kong is terrible. We arrived in February thinking we'd secured a place for our son at one school - but they had let it go WITHOUT TELLING US. Took us 6 weeks to find another place. The ESF school lists do move but I've heard that Bradbury has the longest waitlists. Also should warn you that I know of several families with kids at different schools and, even worse, some where the family have ended up returning home or to where they were moving from leaving the breadwinner here to work. Try the Geoschools site. Wish you good luck!

The last school waiting list I was on went backwards. Call next week and you'll be position 20.

Sent from my LT15i using GeoClicks Mobile