Like Tree1Likes

ANY INDIANS/EXPATS LVING IN FAIRVIEW PARK YUEN LONG

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ANY INDIANS/EXPATS LVING IN FAIRVIEW PARK YUEN LONG

Hi Guys,

We are an Indian family currently staying in Shenzhen and will be moving to H.k in next few months. We are looking to get a place in New Territories which is near to Lo Wu as i will be doing daily travel to my office in Shenzhen.. I have done little googling on aras near Lo Wu and 1 place which keeps striking is FairVIew Park in Yuen Long but i would like to know if there are any Indians or other expatriates .. Also how are other ameninties nearby like schools / transportation / medical / grocery etc..

All your valuable suggestions will definately help us taking decision

Rgds: GarY

Do you have the relevant visa's to live in HK?

Even if you do, it's going take you. At least 30 mins to go thru immigration each way.

Yeah Guys,

We have H.k residence visas and I dont mind an hours travelling . My office is very nearby to Lowu Station in Shenzhen. All i need for my family is decent staying , good schools / medical facilities and few expat/indian families for kids not to feel lonely

Fairview park has expats, yes. It also has a direct shuttle bus to sheung shui mtr, the last one before lo wo so it'll be convenient for you. Yuen Long proper has one of the best indian resturants I know in HK, and I believe an indian community, but am not indian myself so not complelty sure.

Yeah i have gone thru fairview official website and transportation part seems ok . BUt since i would be trvaelling to mainland everydays for 5 days a week , i am thinking about my family who will feel lonely . If you guys know of any other estates in new territories with reasonable Indian community , then pls let me know , i wil be very grateful.

Well yuen long is the place I heard had the most but nowhere in hk has any particular expat community - we are outnumbered all over by chinese. The good transport links fairview park has mean your family can easily visit others. Not sure there are any better options. You're not in india anymore so do the best you can!

Can expats living in Hong Kong and working in Shenzhen apply for a special travel pass? Otherwise, I expect passports get filled quickly with Chinese entry and exit stamps (assuming that the person has an HKID).

You mean that your kids are reluctant to play with Chinese kids so you are actively looking for them to socialize with expats or Indian kids? Living in China, isn't it inevitable to socialize with them to some extent and to eat their cuisine too?

I mean how weird would it be when expats who are posted in India don't want their kids to play with Indian kids or they have no desire to explore Indian cuisine?

Last edited by bagel; 02-10-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by girya_99:
    Yeah Guys,

We have H.k residence visas and I dont mind an hours travelling . My office is very nearby to Lowu Station in Shenzhen. All i need for my family is decent staying , good schools / medical facilities and few expat/indian families for kids not to feel lonely
    Umm what is a HK residence visa ?

There is no such visa....

If you have a valid visa you would have been issued HK id cards for you and family, ie dependent visa for your wife and children etc which will be tied to your ( HK based company ) sponsored visa.

Listed directly below your date of birth on your HK id card will be, 2 or 3 letters printed listing the conditions of your stay.. What are they ?
    Last edited by Skyhook; 02-10-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast