Metro Harbour View - Help

Closed Thread

Metro Harbour View - Help

Hi everyone

I am moving to Hong Kong in October and I have been offered an apartment at Metro Harbour View, Tai Kok Tsui - 2 bedrooms for US$1,000 per month through a business associate. Is this reasonble for this area??

Can't wait to get to Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Si:
    Hi everyone

I am moving to Hong Kong in October and I have been offered an apartment at Metro Harbour View, Tai Kok Tsui - 2 bedrooms for US$1,000 per month through a business associate. Is this reasonble for this area??

Can't wait to get to Hong Kong
    Yes that should be the normal price. (Am also living there).

Harbour View Apartments

Hey~not sure if you are still replying to this thread but I figured I would give it shot...I am planning on moving to Hong Kong as soon as next week. I have been offered a job with a school there that houses their teachers in the Harbourview Apartments in Kowloon. I think they are giving me a one bedroom for 8,000 HK$. Because I am a teacher at the school I will not be required to pay rent but I will be living with my boyfriend. Therefore, he will have to pay half of the rent which they said will be 4000$ a month. Do you think this is correct? Good deal? How is the quality of life? style of apartment? etc. Neighborhood? Does the apartment complex have a website? Thanks for all your help..can't wait to be there either!

harbourview apartments

Thanks for the comments

I have just signed a rental contract for the Grand Waterfront Apartments in Kowloon.

It was a close run decision between the Grand Waterfront and the harbourview apartments. Spent time looking around kowloon side and the harbourview is a good facility and still in the middle / close to the main areas of Kowloon. I decided to go for a new apartment - increased my budget as well - nothing is for free

To give you an idea if your deal is a good one - I was offered a 2 bedroom for 7k per month BUT - this was through a friend - which fell through. I looked at the same type -2 beds - about 585 Sq feet - for 9.8k On this basis is sounds like a ok deal.

I looked around alot of apartment complexes and because this one is by itself it did not seem as imposing - the facilities are not as green (a little more stone than trees) but as I said I looked at about 6 complexes and this one rated second - and I am a man - and the options of a TV in the bathroom / kitchen was too good to miss )

There is a good feel to the apartments at Harbourview and the shopping center underneath is good. Lots of minibuses outside to take you to either Mong Kok or Prince Edward MTR - so again another benefit.

The Metro Harbour View is situated next to a funeral Parlour which put me off a bit. I'm sure there are no real problems with this - it's just how you feel.

Link for metro harbour view and grand waterside kowloon

Please could you post a link for these to apartments as i cannot find them anywhere.

Thanks.

A link to the websites direct would be great, thanks.

Hey~I actually couldnt find any web addresses for them either. If you find anything then please repost here. I do have some pictures the school sent me of the apartment if you would like to see and get an idea on size/price etc. You can send me a private message then I will give you my email.