Like Tree13Likes

I'm moving to Hong Kong & would like help on family areas and schools.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

cool! i'm in sai kung, too! if you have any questions about the area, just send me a message. I'd be happy to help if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by goodeal:
    Hi, try Grand Pacific Views/Heights in Siu Lam right at the 2nd exit of Tuen Mun. Drive to Central is about 20-25 min through Western Tunnel as there is no traffic light from Siu Lam to Central until your car exit from the tunnel. Circular shuttle bus to Tsuen Wan (20 min) MTR and 3 Shuttles to HK, Wanchai & Causeway during rush hours in the morning and evening. Mini bus + public bus to Tuen Mun Central Plaza (15 min). 20 min to airport (again because of no traffic lights). Quite convenient even if you don't want to drive. Tuen Mun has a very large Shopping malls, while shopping malls in Tsuen Wan is a bit scattered. But shopping malls nowadays carry similar brands and service offerings.

GPV (5 Blocks of ~1500') has sea view of the airport and there is a beach right in front of the estate. High floors can see Disney Fireworks very night. GPH (4 Blocks ranging 850' to 1096') are at the back. Floors above 20/F can see the reservoir at the back and seaview + Disney Fireworks at night. The famous Harrow Intl School and Zhuhai University which are 5-10 min away will open next year. This SHKP estate is a duplicate of Pacific Views in Repulse Bay in terms of building materials and floor plan. So the exterior and interior are of high quality. Air condition has both warm and cool air (a rare even for expensive apartments in the city). Price and rental are much cheaper (GPV around $5K-6K/sq ft; GPH around $4K/sq ft). GPV rents about $18K-22K depending of the floor and conditions) GPH rents about $14K to $18K. Can open windows to enjoy Fresh air at GPH as the buildings are away from Traffic Noise and Dust. So in terms of value for money, you won't be able to find another match in HK.

I stay here since back from Canada and have on the top floor with roof and so enjoy the greeneries outside the window, the reservoir and sea views + Disney fireworks, and do barbecue on the roof top. Can't stay in the city anymore due to the pollution and noise. Full size windows to the knee for all rooms and even without seaviews, one will get mountain view. The best part is that I can see double rainbow occasionally after rain. Good sun and wind if you are lucky to get an apartment facing east (which is most popular). Residents consist of both Locals and Foreigners. 2 swimming pools (1 indoor 1 outdoor), indoor basketball field, badminton, squash, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, tennis court, golf practice range etc. Children can ride their bicycle within and around the estate as the roads are private with not much traffic. Good for joggers as well. Carpark rent is about $1800/mth. Building Mgmt Fee is only $1.7/sq ft and usually inclusive in the rental if renting. If you like to get a feel, let me know. I have some pictures posted at Picasa.
    guess you missed her post saying they got a house in sai kung....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4