Like Tree13Likes

How much i can expect to be paid in HK

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

no idea about hawaii myself. never been... to be honest, it isn't even on my list of places i want to go....

OP - anywhere between 20k and i'd say 70/80k depending on the company who hires u, their set up and the position u end up having.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    no idea about hawaii myself. never been... to be honest, it isn't even on my list of places i want to go....
    I would like to see the lava flows and have a go at surfing some of the bigger waves, (probably bodysurfing nowadays!).

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I would like to see the lava flows and have a go at surfing some of the bigger waves, (probably bodysurfing nowadays!).
    Yep, if you enjoy pleasant year round temperature/climate, modern housing, great food and one of the best coffee varieties grown ( Kona Peaberry ), factor in surfing, pristine beaches, especially the smaller/secluded cove beaches and rock pools, then life is pretty dandy. Hawaii, Maui, Oahu etc wont appeal to the NYC / London banker set, which is another attraction. Its more aimed at people that really enjoy their after work life..... Some of the natural dive pools and water falls are pretty amazing too, natural beauty etc, Americas answer to Queensland.

I cant knock/fault the Hawaiians, my favourite Americans of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Yep, if you enjoy pleasant year round temperature/climate, modern housing, great food and one of the best coffee varieties grown ( Kona Peaberry ), factor in surfing, pristine beaches, especially the smaller/secluded cove beaches and rock pools, then life is pretty dandy. Hawaii, Maui, Oahu etc wont appeal to the NYC / London banker set, which is another attraction. Its more aimed at people that really enjoy their after work life..... Some of the natural dive pools and water falls are pretty amazing too, natural beauty etc, Americas answer to Queensland.

I cant knock/fault the Hawaiians, my favourite Americans of all.

I think someone did mention this earlier, but in my experience this may not be the greatest time to expect good pay here, all the banks are waiting with baited breath to see what happens in the EU. There seem to be head count freezes and job cuts all over the show.

The few jobs that do seem to be popping know they don't need to pay crazy money because there's a lot of seekers out there for each role.

Confirm - Headcount freeze in many European banks.

Original Post Deleted
    another interesting post from our resident UK Ninja?
    You should eat meat sometimes. All those veggies are not good for ur brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Confirm - Headcount freeze in many European banks.
    Only those that are failing

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Only those that are failing
    Wait a few nore weeks, months and u will see :-)