Like Tree13Likes

How much i can expect to be paid in HK

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

How much i can expect to be paid in HK

I am thinking of moving to HK and would like to know how much i can expect to be paid in HK.

Here are my qualification.
    7+ years experience in computer programing(C#, Asp.Net, VB.NET, MSSQL, Java, C++, etc).
    Masters degree in computer science from US university.
    6+ years in the financial industry.
    Currently work for an large financial company in the US.
    Do not speak Cantonese.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.
    Thanks,

Do you have the right to live in hk? If not, then the question is do you have a skill not otherwise available in a local in HK, which is the benchmark to get the visa. Roughly a job should pay at least 20000hkd a month to qualify for a visa. The only other person I know (so small sample size) with very similar skills earns 25k a month here.

Hi MovingIn07,
    Thanks for your reply. A visa will not be a problem for me as my wife is a SAR resident.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desi78:
    Hi MovingIn07,
    Thanks for your reply. A visa will not be a problem for me as my wife is a SAR resident.

Thanks
    Well it is not quite that automatic.

hullexile, I know it is not automatic and i will have to apply for and obtain a visa, but i am not worried about that. I just want to get an idea of how much the salary is for my qualification is in HK.

Thanks

Desi, this is geoexpat, it doesn't work like that..we get to give you loads of unsolicited advice and ask annoying irrelevant and nosy questions first..what passport do you hold?

Last edited by bryant.english; 23-10-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Hi Bryant,
    I am not sure what my nationality has got to do with this but i will tell you anyway. It is an Indian passport.

Thanks.

How much are you getting now in US? That will give us a ball figure to discuss whether its obtainable in HK.

If your experience is at a level where you can get a reasonable but low-level position with one of the banks here, you could earn 40 000 HKD a month and a relocation package. Bear in mind it's not exactly the optimum point in the hiring cycle right now though - near year end and layoffs / cost-cutting left, right, and centre.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Do you have the right to live in hk? If not, then the question is do you have a skill not otherwise available in a local in HK, which is the benchmark to get the visa. Roughly a job should pay at least 20000hkd a month to qualify for a visa. .
    where is this written?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast