Just signed up for this forum. It looks like a great community!
I guess I should start by giving a short bio -
* 22 year old Australian resident male (with passport)
* Graduated Uni in 2010 (Bachelor of IT)
* Obtained Australian Higher School Certificate
* 1 years experience call centre work for IBM
* Currently working as IT support/system administrator (since Jan this year) for a company. I am the only IT staff member for IT support (80 workers in the office, and 100+ reps that are out all over the country)
* Extremely active in sports - I train tennis 5 times a week and want to become a semi-professional
* Drummed for 14+ years, would say yes to touring the world with a band playing live if the opportunity presented itself
But IT is my career path, so I am after a job of sorts in HK. I would really like to emigrate by the end of the year if possible. I have been applying for (lots of) jobs online, but have not had much success obviously due to the fact that I do not have a working visa, and am not in the country (even though I would move in a heart beat).
So what are my options? Is there a work visa that I can apply for WITHOUT a job offer? Should I use some saved money, move to HK, give myself a month to try and find a job?
Basically, I am confused about what is the best way to make this happen. I am getting quiet desperate - the authorities have not been very helpful thus far. They just say basically "find a job".
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks so much!