Like Tree163Likes

Do you regret moving to Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Lumply

I can't believe you gave up after only two months.
    Where did you end up living in HK exactly?
    Plenty of wide open spaces in the NT.
    It seems Sha Tin - Wcich can explain lol (meant as a joke ppl, I have nothing against ppl living in Sha Tin)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    It seems Sha Tin - Wcich can explain lol (meant as a joke ppl, I have nothing against ppl living in Sha Tin)
    lol well I'd rather live in Shatin than that expat ghetto they call mid levels

We wont regret moving from Zombieland.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    lol well I'd rather live in Shatin than that expat ghetto they call mid levels
    I wouldn't!
    I laugh when people call Mid-levels an expat ghetto - around 160 apartments in our buildings, I reckon there's 6 expat families. I'd be more inclined to call Stanley an expat ghetto, albeit a prettier one.
    Anyway, poor Lumply apparently didn't do his homework, e.g if you were so into a hobby as unusual as that wouldn't you check first?

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    I wouldn't!
    I laugh when people call Mid-levels an expat ghetto - around 160 apartments in our buildings, I reckon there's 6 expat families. I'd be more inclined to call Stanley an expat ghetto, albeit a prettier one.
    In a city were 95% of the population is Chinese it is hard;y surprising.

But Mid Levels, along with a few of the South side spots is a place of choice for expat (instead of expat ghetto).

I do not like Midlevels since I like large open spaces (and unless you make a lot of $$$ chances are you won't get a large flat on a very top floor w open views) but understand why for many it is attractive, especially if you work in Central and want an easier transition from your home country to HK (ie Sha Tin is way more local in that respect)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Koala:
    We wont regret moving from Zombieland.
    Where, here? or your home country?

I've been in HK for over a year now, but I'm ready to head back home.

There are many things that I dislike (materialism, pollution, crowds, fake work ethic - people work long hours, but don't necessarily do good work), but I don't regret the experience or decision to live in HK. It just makes me that much more appreciative of the clean air, fresh food, and community of DIY makers in New Zealand. I'm actually currently visiting home, and it amazes me that I can see things kilometers away in the distance without the haze of humidity/pollution. It's like upgrading to high definition reality!

There are also things I enjoyed though: learning a new language, experiencing all sorts of new foods and expanding my culinary horizons, and meeting a much more diverse range of people.

dear giant likes this.

hay guys,
    how r u.i need your help.i am from pakistan and planing to move hongkong my visa is come from embassy,but i am in two minds weather i move or not actually i dont know much about hong kong i have searched on net but still not satisfied pls ... plsss guide what can i do,pls tell me what is the lowest cost of living,food,utility bills,transportation etc per month in hongkong.Secoundly i knew english very well but dont know the offical language of hong kong,and what r jobs condition in hongkong for a person like me how much i earn in a month.....
    pls pls plss help me
    your brother...

what kind of visa do you have?
    Also what kind of jobs you are looking for? Your education and work experience?

The best thing about hk is you get all the latest gadgets sooner...

Sent from my iPhone 6S using GeoClicks Mobile

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast