Health Insurance

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by syd2qt2bstr8:
    Hi HK - no (obviously!) but I did do their online travel quotation, and also opted for a detailed quote which I just received. I suggest you do the same, as the e-mailed quote provides a good comparison between the costs of their different plans. That should then be read in conjunction with their plan descriptions, which can be found at

http://www.healthcareinternational.c...comparison.pdf

Hope this helps.
    The problem is that when you do a quotation everything looks bright. the real face shows only when they deal with claims. Now if I do emergency coverage with 1000$ deductible, I might (hopefully) not know how they handle claims for many years.
    Last edited by hktraveller; 04-09-2007 at 04:05 PM.

HKTraveller - We had done some checking on them a couple of years ago (were an advertiser here) .. their current scheme is administered by AXA if I'm not mistaken. Best to check with them and follow up with questions.

What you've done, sounds exactly like my insurance -- so I might never have to find out what their claims process is like.

You might also want to ask KwikSure if they deal with them. That way you have a local person who can help you through the process.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    You might also want to ask KwikSure if they deal with them. That way you have a local person who can help you through the process.
    I did and got a call from them today. I will report about the result. Quicksure said they are not the easiest to deal with. But since I am only looking for a emergency+ plan, the evidence is quite straight forward. Either you are in hospital or not. There is still one problem I want to clear: They have a lifetime maximum claim of 20000 USD for dread/chronical diseases. On the other hand, hospital accomodation, medical charges are covered 100%. Kwiksurance could not tell me yet which one has priority. I consider this question as most essential. (being hospitalized for cancer and facing the max coverage of 20000$ would be a nightmare). I will report the answers as soon as I have them.