I am very interested in getting my master degree in HKUST. I am particularly interested in their graduate math program. Little about myself: I am Russian, currently getting my Bachelor degree in Finance and Math at BSU, USA. I fluently speak russian and english, and just started learning mandarin. I am involved in a lot of on campus activities, while maintaining a high GPA.
I have a lot of questions, but I will start with few:
1. I know, it is very competitive, however, I heard that it would be easier to get in for international student with diverse background. Does anyone know any info about the admission.
2. Do I need to take any standardized test, like GMAT, GRE, SAT etc?
3. How much money would I need besides tuition, if I live on campus? (per month, semi-annually??)
4. Should I get laptop here or in HK?
5. What difficulties can I run into during my first year? (culture, tradition, language, etc?)
I consider my self a cosmopolitan person and very open minded. I grew up in a big city (no as big as HK thou -). However, really scared moving (if I get in of course.)