Like Tree45Likes

COMMUTE TIMES

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by allyd13:
    A scam as in they try to get a contract signed and then I"m stuck with paying more?
    A scam as in you put some money down and when you arrive there is no apartment.
    allyd13 likes this.

pls read this : Rental Scam Information – Protecting the Public from Rental Scammers
    is your special situation anything like the ones described in there?

allyd13 likes this.

If you search Tregunter Towers on Google and click on some of the results you will see that your deal is way too good to be true

allyd13 likes this.

First of all if I were the OP I would NOT rent based on what I saw on the net . Most ads are too old and the pics are misleading.

Come over and stay for a month in a service appartment (it maybe more expensive for a month - not even necessary) and that would give you the time to look at a place while you are here/

Satay Sue, Football16 and allyd13 like this.

Ok, THANKS SO MUCH guys! Guess I might have fell into the dumb expat category. Wowsers.

Quote Originally Posted by allyd13:
    Ok, THANKS SO MUCH guys! Guess I might have fell into the dumb expat category. Wowsers.
    Don't beat yourself up, easily done, hopefully you haven't signed anything yet? As others have said, get over here and look for yourself before agreeing to anything. Good luck!
    allyd13 likes this.

Not dumb, smart for coming onto an expat site to ask people who've been here a while.

allyd13 likes this.

Yikes. That seems to be good to be true. Also you need to see a place first. You might not like the building, the furnishings, etc.

I posted a Craigslist scam on a flat IIRC was in Mid Levels. Apparently lots of scams.

Renting sight unseen is not smart. Come here first.

I went a little different route than Satay Sue and Googled:
    Tregunter Towers craigslist 11500 and got this:

http://hongkong.craigslist.hk/apa/2792281128.html

That to me looks too good to be true.

I am not one to make unsubstantiated allegations BUT that is far too nice a place for that kind of money.

You need to do some checking.

Last edited by Football16; 24-01-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    allyd13 likes this.

There is some good simple advice here.

craigslist | about > scams

Football16 and allyd13 like this.

I agree, thanks for all the advice. I'll def do some checking but while I'm here on the forum... since some of you guys may already be there..have you seen any good flats up for grabs I might be interested in...2 people, 1 dog?! JUST ASKING!! <3