Like Tree45Likes

COMMUTE TIMES

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

COMMUTE TIMES

Hello,

I'm getting ready to move to Hong Kong in APril. I might be living in Tregunter Towers Mid Levels Central.

The schools I might be working at (they haven't decided yet) will be in these areas

FORTRESS HILL
    HANG FA CHUEN
    SAI WAN HO (LEI KING WAN)

My hours will be 9:30-7:30

Can you tell me what my commute times could possibly be from Tregunter to any of these areas? Trying to plan accordingly Thanks!

Why on earth are you paying silly money to live in overpaid banker zone? You can get a decent place to live for far less and put the rest in savings or eating/drinking.

Getting from Tregunter depends on taxis or minibuses. You'd be much better off living somewhere near an MTR station or (if you must live in the mid-levels) near the central-midlevels escalator.

bookblogger and Football16 like this.

I'd say live in Heng Fa Chuen, in the middle of those three areas, and spend probably 20% of what you would spend on rent in Tregunter.

PDLM and allyd13 like this.

Well, I'm not paying a ton actually. From all the places I found online to rent this was the best deal. I'm coming from South Korea and I'm living in a box here. I'm tired of living in a box. So... many places I found online to rent cost just as much as this place and it will be 2 bedroom, living room, kitchen, balcony, fully furnished for just 11,500. That being said, I found rooms that were studios not furnished for that much or just a little less.

Am I really paying THAT MUCH?
    THe guy I would be subletting for has a special situation so I'm not quite sure I'm paying a ton. But I could be wrong.

And yes, It will be for two people and a dog. I'm so tired of living in a box that's small, with no light, that just seemed the best deal. I did quite a bit of research and sure, I might have missed some good places but nothing seemed to be this good of a deal.

?!?! Who knows.

Last edited by allyd13; 24-01-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Original Post Deleted

THANKS>>> THAT WAS I WAS LOOKING FOR>>> SOME EXAMPLE TIMES!

I know.. that's what I thought. He only wants 4,500 down payment (WHICH IS AMAZING ALSO) and the rent is 11,500 a month.

He and his daughter had to move to be transferred to India for his job and I believe he's just having a hard time subletting. He basically said he just wants someone to take care of the place and not ruin it because he put a lot of money into making it nice?!?!!

Original Post Deleted
    Yup agreed and sounds like a scam to me.

This has alarm bells all over it. OP - look and check carefully, the numbers make no sense at all and it would not surprise me if this was some kind of scam.

Are they still doing renovations there?

A scam as in they try to get a contract signed and then I"m stuck with paying more?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast