A bunch of questions

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Gateway also sells US toilet paper without aloe. It will just be more expensive than you are used to paying.

Apart from often being bigger, are US bums different to the rest of the world's? I am intrigued by this obsession with US toilet paper. Almost makes it worth a trip to the US to investigate.

Most everything can be found in HK once you become familiar where to shop. I have learned that some of the Japanese and Korean brands are even better than the USA brands.

If you favor certain brands I would bring at least 2 months supply till you get settled and find brands/items that are comparable to what you are familiar with.

Some feel stocking up on deodorant is a big thing as it is not always easy to find the type you like. Some females have favorite make-up shades and colors which cannot be easily found in HK.

Being from the USA myself I like to get stain remover sticks (the kind I can travel with in my purse) plus my stock of twizzlers!

Last edited by Alby; 07-09-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Name:  Slide2.GIF
Views: 410
Size:  2.6 KB

Name:  Slide3.GIF
Views: 424
Size:  132.8 KB

Name:  Slide1.GIF
Views: 435
Size:  76.3 KB

i'm surprised that you did not negotiate nice comfy bum paper, shampoo and what not into your package. this could have saved you a lot of worries from getting nasty skin conditions

better yet ask friends and relatives from the u.s. to send you a regular (monthly) care package of those items.

Is it just me or are some of you upset about my personal preferences for specific household products? What a strange way to welcome someone to HK...

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Apart from often being bigger, are US bums different to the rest of the world's? I am intrigued by this obsession with US toilet paper. Almost makes it worth a trip to the US to investigate.
    I'll admit we went from brand "A" in Park-n-Shop to premium brand "A" in PnS and now buy toilet paper from Gateway.
    Other items that haven't been up to our quality--paper towels and garbage bags. We are now buying Glad trash bags because---and I am sure everyone will find this hard to believe---the loc aL brand we were buying at PnS seems to have decreased in quality over the past couple of months. Went from fine to way too thin, but same packaging. Don't know whether supplier made a decision to go with bad product or if the manufacturer decided to make the quality change but neglected to inform the buyer.

Ignore them....there are strange people and nice people everywhere

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by chowfun:
    What a strange way to welcome someone to HK...
    Relax!

This is a typical Geoexpat welcome

Just be thankful the fellows only went for your bum and did not get really personal.

I remember the US Davis cup team trooping into India with everything they would need for the ten day trip including distilled water airfreighted ahead.
    Don't remember if they survived the ordeal.

>> strange people and nice people everywhere

And there are nice people who look at strange people and still go "WTF?!?"