Salary Package for Bank

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Salary Package for Bank

Hi,

I am currently working in Top MNC bank in India. Have got engineering degree and MBA. Have got over 6 years of Experience post MBA. Currently drawing > Rs 1,500,000 +Bonus (Approx 5,00,000-7,00,000) in India

I am getting transferred to HK. Could you pl let me know the right package to negotiate in HK.

Rgds..

Last edited by gauravrnt; 10-09-2007 at 11:14 PM.

Whats your actual job role?

We can't give you a ballpark figure without that

Gaurav - Would also recommend internationalizing your ,'s in the numbers. For a second I thought it was 5-7 million RS.

If you're with banks like HSBC / Citi, you'll have fairly little wiggle room with back office type roles.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Gaurav - Would also recommend internationalizing your ,'s in the numbers. For a second I thought it was 5-7 million RS.

If you're with banks like HSBC / Citi, you'll have fairly little wiggle room with back office type roles.

Pl let me know how much should a MBA with 6 years experience get in a BANK.

Quote Originally Posted by gauravrnt:
    Ummm you have omitted the most important fact still, Whats the job ROLE?

there are tonnes of mbas in banks getting less than those without mbas but in essential roles..

Quote Originally Posted by gauravrnt:
    $0 if he is worthless! A F**king piece of paper with letters M.B.A. on it doesn't mean anything by it self.

Tell us what you do.......What unit you're responcible for and how good you are at your job and we'll give you an indicative number.

I think climber beat me to it. I'll refrain from my wise arse remarks .. which will be saved for the pub on Friday.

But to let you in on a secret, from what I've heard, MBA's with SIX years experience make around $47,850 on the 23rd floor in Cheong Kong tower, if they're willing to sacrifice their office with a view. If they want the office with the view, they make around $46,350.

(Mumbles something about the quality of bankers arriving in HK and plans on moving some funds to Nigeria..)

Last edited by KnowItAll; 12-09-2007 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    (Mumbles something about the quality of bankers arriving in HK.)
    Indeed - me too. I am gobsmacked that people are being imported from all round the world who, for example, can't work out how to plug their laptop in (as demonstrated in another thread). I begin to think I should get on this gravy train...

The other guy I can understand -- American i-bank, probably suffering from jet lag and confused with all the cars driving on the wrong side of the road and contemplating on the three billion armpits up north -- one can easily forget trivial things in moments like that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast