Like Tree7Likes

has anyone moved from LA to HKG recently ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow has anyone moved from LA to HKG recently ?

living in london with my HK partner, and have been looking pretty forward to leaving the UK to move over to HKG.

now with all the talking and planning on it, her family in Los Angeles have also told her to consider there as well as Hong Kong.

her family in LA told me that in 2047 HK will become a complete communist city, under by then pure proper chinese rule, none of this keeping it hong konger stuff.
    hong kong is no longer the hong kong my partner knew.
    mainland chinese are taking over!.
    the weather in LA is just as good as HKG!.

they are swaying her to LA rather than HK

has anyone moved from LA to HK focusing i mean on was it change for the better, and how?.

something to keep me awake tonight and think about....
    thanks.

Last edited by m4nn; 25-02-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Why not just come over together for a visit first?
    Her family may have ulterior motives for wanting her to stay (or simply don't want her to go as they'll miss her )

Last edited by Satay Sue; 25-02-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m4nn:
    living in london with my HK partner, and have been looking pretty forward to leaving the UK to move over to HKG.

now with all the talking and planning on it, her family in Los Angeles have also told her to consider there as well as Hong Kong.

her family in LA told me that in 2047 HK will become a complete communist city, under by then pure proper chinese rule, none of this keeping it hong konger stuff.
    hong kong is no longer the hong kong my partner knew.
    mainland chinese are taking over!.
    the weather in LA is just as good as HKG!.

they are swaying her to LA rather than HK

has anyone moved from LA to HK focusing i mean on was it change for the better, and how?.

something to keep me awake tonight and think about....
    thanks.
    Have they ever been out of greater Disneyland?
    m4nn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Why not just come over together for a visit first?
    Her family may have ulterior motives for wanting her to stay (or simply don't want her to go as they'll miss her )
    thanks, I have visited 3 times, and loved HK.
    she does too.
    with LA she has accomodation for a year free or until she finds somewhere which helps.

China has more economy freedom than US, even today.

Try to open a lemonade stand for your children and see how many loops you have to jump through.

If both you and your partner both love HK, then I see no reason not to move here. If, for whatever reason, it doesn't live up to expectations can you not still move to LA?

China cannot change HK until 2047, thats 35 years away so you have time to see how you feel about it.

Satay Sue and Renotommy like this.

Hahahahaha sorry but they might as well say sort your stuff out because the end of the world is predicted to be this year!

Ps you'll suffer from a lot more racism in the u.s than HK.

Last edited by jimbo; 25-02-2012 at 11:05 AM.

I suspect that by 2047 the PRC will probably be more capitalist and Westernised than HK and the mainlanders will be commenting upon how backwards we all are in this city.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

I'd choose SOCAL, if your only reason to move is to leave the S.A.D.S suffering, dimly lit, sunshine deprived, UK.

Unless moving to HK dramatically improved your income earning potential to a level that you can comfortably live in a low density area, with the ability to own a proper family home instead of a shoe box. Don't do it if your plan is to produce children.....

The USA today provides the opportunity for you to buy a comfortable house at a bargain price, which will only financially benefit you and your future family. The fact that your wife s family can provide you a bit of a helpful accommodation buffer, helps you both, enormously...

SOCAL is going to provide a much better life in my opinion. A no brainer if you have the ability to become a US resident.

Go for it and think of your children as to what is best for them....HKG is great for singles, but it's going to suck the most the moment you have children and can barely make ends meet, while suffering a crowded home life, in a 500ft2 flat.

Last edited by Skyhook; 25-02-2012 at 11:51 AM.

advantage of socal

high unemployment
    insane travel time and traffic
    shocking air quality
    random violence

no brainer or no brain. Have you ever been to greater Disneyland?

Last edited by dumbdonkey; 25-02-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast