Like Tree208Likes

Would you let your husband move 2 months ahead of family?

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

I don't agree with what you said, Mat. You would be surprised how much money the ladies in Hong Kong have made from their respectable jobs, and investment. As with the sizes of apartments in Hong Kong, they are often smaller than those of the apartment here in Atlanta, mainly because Hong Kong is just a very small but cosmopolitan city. It is the same in New York city, the apartments are generally smaller. It does not mean that those folks live there in their small apartments in New York are all broke. As with 65 years old rich guy in America, I don't see many of those rich old American guys in America, or in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, South America, England, or anywhere else in the world these day. You will be surprised many people are richer than average American these days even though I am an American, living off our retirement funds.

In a similar situation - wife has moved over 4 weeks ago since she have RTL I am sorting all the bits back here so will be joining her in May. Granted she is not a Caucasian (assumption your husband is) male (fact ) but the philosophy is the same. A strong relationship will be OK and although (it is thought) that males have no control I am sure that your husband has.

It would be a nightmare if all the family moved together (i.e. no-one to clear final bits back home and running around as a family in HK getting [or trying to get] things done).

Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cylshain:
    I don't agree with what you said, Mat. You would be surprised how much money the ladies in Hong Kong have made from their respectable jobs, and investment. As with the sizes of apartments in Hong Kong, they are often smaller than those of the apartment here in Atlanta, mainly because Hong Kong is just a very small but cosmopolitan city. It is the same in New York city, the apartments are generally smaller. It does not mean that those folks live there in their small apartments in New York are all broke. As with 65 years old rich guy in America, I don't see many of those rich old American guys in America, or in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, South America, England, or anywhere else in the world these day. You will be surprised many people are richer than average American these days even though I am an American, living off our retirement funds.
    What did I say?

I have said that it would not be an issue if her husband moved to hK ahead of her, what does it have to do with the size of flats in NYC or Atlanta?
    Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by monster2003:
    I have been advised several times by female and male friends that they advise against this scenario. I am honestly starting to wonder, why everybody feels so serious about this - how aggressive are the local women in HK? What is the deal here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I got 2 words for you: FACE TIME!

That's how annoying boyfriends check up on their partners here.
    Last edited by stickboy; 27-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Just my experience as a Westerner.

I've personally witnessed several marriages crashes here in HK.

One of my friend lost his mind for one Indo whore (he knew she was a whore) and left her wife after a 9 years marriage to start a new sex satisfied life with her new bitc...ops...wife.

Several others divorced as well.

When it happens of course the girls hit the jackpot. Building houses back in their jungle, buying cars, feeding the village, shopping like there's no tomorrow.

As a man, especially if you are over 40 you can't resist the tempation to get a 24 y.o. girl who will bend on her knees to relief your stress when you come back from work.

So the point is not if you husband is going to find his own whore, but if he is either going to crash his marriage for her or not.

dear giant likes this.

Interesting to see an unadulterated male perspective on the issue there!!

Weak male. As a man you can't resist? Puh-lease

kittyctc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by monster2003:
    I have been advised several times by female and male friends that they advise against this scenario. I am honestly starting to wonder, why everybody feels so serious about this - how aggressive are the local women in HK? What is the deal here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    You know what. I'll be the relationship expert here JUST DON'T LET YOUR HUSBAND DO THAT. Mainly because you have doubt. You have doubt about your husband's stance on being faithful to you. But you have to make it look like you're not following him because you scare he'd cheat on you. At the end of the day, you know your husband best! Good Luck!

What a weird thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Interesting to see an unadulterated male perspective on the issue there!!
    Are you trying to tell us, Britney, that you can't resist the temptation of a 24 years old who will bend every night to relieve you from your stressful day posting a Geoexpat?

Weak Britney, weak.

Ok more seriously I think the OP made her mind long ago and for every man willing to dip his pencil into a 24 year Old whore, a number of other men are perfectly happy in married life.....

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast