Like Tree208Likes

Would you let your husband move 2 months ahead of family?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Mat

You're home by 9pm the fun and games don't start till way after then.
    My wife provides me enough fun -

Aha, I've figured it out. Mat's wife is one of those who don't trust their hubbies to be out unsupervised, so she insists he be home by 9.

jimbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendJay:
    Aha, I've figured it out. Mat's wife is one of those who don't trust their hubbies to be out unsupervised, so she insists he be home by 9.
    Reverse, she does not care one bit...

another wrong assumption..

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Reverse, she does not care one bit...

another wrong assumption..
    I think he was joking. He already agreed that he does the same on an earlier post!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I think he was joking. He already agreed that he does the same on an earlier post!
    Since when was joking allowed on GeoExpat?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Since when was joking allowed on GeoExpat?
    Sorry. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by monster2003:
    I have been advised several times by female and male friends that they advise against this scenario. I am honestly starting to wonder, why everybody feels so serious about this - how aggressive are the local women in HK? What is the deal here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    monster2003: Where are you coming from? If extramarital affairs are not a cultural norm where you're from, and you don't have any particular concerns regarding your husband's faithfulness in particular, I wouldn't be concerned at all. My husband moved to HK months before I did and I didn't think twice about it. Sure, the opportunity is here, but there are also opportunities for unfaithfulness at home.

Similarly, I have no idea who is advising you that local women in HK aggressively pursue married expats - that's just not the case for the vast majority of women here. I work in an office full of local ladies (mostly in their 30s or younger and attractive) - secretaries, legal professionals, tea ladies, receptionists, cleaners - and none of them are out trolling for expat men. I also know several local women who are married to expats, and the relationships (to the extent that anyone can really know what's going on in someone else's marriage) seem genuine and loving - no golddigging wives or husbands looking for a trophy lady. If you go to the right (or wrong) places, sure you can find a particular kind of woman looking for a particular kind of man (with money), but there are bars or other hangouts like that in all big cities, its not unique to HK.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I know he was - but still had to set the record straight.

Was busy and omitted the "smiley" to make ppl understand that there were no "hard feelings" in my reply....

Group hug? Wait, we don't want people to get the wrong idea that there is any funny business going on in Sin City.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast